Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Born 1908: Louis L'Amour

Born 1931: William Shatner

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kim Stanley Robinson: 3.23.52

Known for his Martian trilogy. Born in Waukegan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 61st birthday to the greatest guitarist in the world. I'm happy to say that I've seen him live several times (after which I picked my jaw up off the floor) and have met him a couple of times. A very nice, sweet, and humble man. One of God's gifts to music.

Watch Phil Keaggy pick a little.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DS: I am going out to get some of his music. "Simply marvelous."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Keaggy_discography
For an in depth review!

Thanks.
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
DS: I am going out to get some of his music. "Simply marvelous."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Keaggy_discography
For an in depth review!

Thanks.
f

You're welcome! I have most of them. He records like Ray writes, so it's hard to keep up with them, but I try!

His style is very Beatles-esque, and his vocal are very McCartney. Another good thing about him is his range - he has done classical, folk, Dylan-esque, and outright jams! All just wonderful.

Here's another. And one more for good measure!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Born 1874: Harry Houdini

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Born 1874: Harry Houdini

Gave Buster Keaton his name!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Born 1931: Leonard Nimoy

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Born 1931: Leonard Nimoy

A good man and artist.

Here is a recent talk he gave (about 18 min.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?f...bedded&v=MzmrqJS-F1o

Kind of Bradburyan in his creative thinking, I think.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 67, Clapton.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Yeah!!! "Slow-hand!" A great video...Magical, DS.

Mr. Clapton's recent release with Wynton Marsalis (EC and WM Play the Blues) is stellar from start to finish. Here is a Classic cover of a rock/blues "Classic"! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvNIivHdy0Q

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard Manuel, born on this date in 1943.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
April 9, 1926: Hugh Hefner

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
My favourite filmmaker, Chaplin. Born this day in 1889.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
April 18, 1884 – Frank R. Paul

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_R._Paul

John King Tarpinian