Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy 63rd birthday to Robert Plant.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray, I have written a poem for your birthday and it can be sung to the tune of "Mother"..I send it to you with tons of love and mostly with tons of thanks for changing the way I think about life...Live Forever!
Ed Lineberry

B is for the Boy who'll live forever

R is for the Rocket Man you are

A is for the August you were born in

D is for the Dandelion Wine you've served

B is for the Beauty of your writing

U is for the Universe you love

R is for the Reading you've inspired

Y for Yestermorrows yet to come

Put them all together they spell Bradbury

The man who means the world to me

copyright 2011 Ed Lineberry

Posts: 11 | Location: Laguna Beach, California | Registered: 20 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Born 1904: Count Basie (bandleader)

Born 1956: Kim Cattrall (actress)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mog the Dog here.

My favorite human companion is twice twenty-four today. She asked Ray a few years ago if he remembered his forty-third birthday and he wasn't sure that he had. She then asked him if he thought it had been a good day to come into the world, and he roared in reply, "Oh, hell, yes!"

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many happy returns, human companion!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many, many more Joyful Years! "CelebRAYte!"
It has been a privilege to have shared so much, with so many (students, family, friends, and folks here) because of Mr. Bradbury!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Born 1912: Gene Kelly (who tried to get what became SWTWCs into a move)

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@ JKT: Hey John, just wondering if Ray enjoyed my poem...Ed Lineberry

Posts: 11 | Location: Laguna Beach, California | Registered: 20 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to the acclaimed science fiction writer, Jack Vance, who turns 95 today.

http://www.lawrenceperson.com/?p=6029

Posts: 2437 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A musical date...

Born 1945: Van Morrison

Born 1945: Itzhak Perlman

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Quite a trio! All "knockouts" during their classic careers:

Yvonne DeCarlo Born 1922
http://cache2.allpostersimages.../yvonne-de-carlo.jpg

Rocky Marciano Born 1923
http://www.aworldofboxing.com/...cky_Marciano_001.jpg

Edgar Rice Burroughs Born 1875
http://www.strangeexcursions.com/tarzana/erb3x4.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Born 1936: Buddy Holly

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
You could call this the birth of a new era:

1966: Original Star Trek series debuted on television

I should add that the first episode that aired was written by a dear friend of Ray's, George Clayton Johnson. The Man Trap is often called the Salt Monster episode. (George also gets credit for coining the phrase, "He's dead Jim.")

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
STAR TREK Lives!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
STAR TREK Lives!

A little bit of bragging here but I got invited to a lecture next Thursday by Leonard Nimoy.

I gave George a call earlier today and he did not realize the date was today. Wished him happy anniversary he thought I meant his 59 year marriage... (silly man)

John King Tarpinian