Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted
William F. Nolan will be 82 on March 6th. He is known for co-authoring Logan's Run with George Clayton Johnson and Burnt Offerings starring Bette Davis.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...It is February 21st right? I am most Confused...

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
...It is February 21st right? I am most Confused...

The man himself agrees with my date. George Clayton Johnson's birthday is July 10th...along with his fellow TZ script writer, Earl Hamner, Jr.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for starting the thread. Keep 'em coming!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Psst ... Hey, Bud ....," it's SHELDON LEONARD's (1907-97) birthday today. Leonard was one of the most distinctive character actors of the '30s and '40s, specializing in gangster roles - whether menacing or comic. His side-of-the-mouth, New York-tinged accent was perfect for the part. He spoofed this character to classic effect on Jack Benny's radio show, where he played a tout ("Hey, Bud, come here a minute ...") On film, he played characters named Lucky, Ace, Trigger, Smacksie, Slip, Pretty Willie, Swifty, and Duke. His best known role is as Nick the bartender in IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. The 1950s onward saw him change direction, becoming a major producer/director/writer of some very popular television programs: MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY, THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW, GOMER PYLE USMC, THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, I SPY, etc.

Thanks Laura Wagner for this!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 89 and 1/2 to Ray today!

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
February 24, 1909 – August Derleth

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Peter "Easy Rider" Fonda - 60 yrs. young:
http://proces.files.wordpress....d_jack_on_cycles.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crown Prince Naruhito - 50 years to the date. One of my few Imperial inspirations, I live for the day he becomes emperor.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dakota Fanning. Sixteen today. A sweet young thing, I attended church with Dakota and her family when I lived in SoCal, Bel Air Pres. Was once invited to a screening of her wonderful film The Secret Life of Bees with Dakota and the director.

Johnny Winter, rocker. Sixty-six.

Victor Fleming, director of The Wizard of Oz, among others, is one hundred twenty one today.

WEB DuBois - One hundred and forty two.

And finally, Handel is three hundred twenty five today!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favourite Beatle, George Harrison. Born into this life in 1943.

You're a billion years old today!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Johnny Cash. Or, as I call him, The Man.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Johnny Cash. Or, as I call him, The Man.

I've shared this story with Doug before but as a wee lad of about ten I woke up to seeing a stranger sleeping on the living room couch. The night before, my parents saw JC passed out in the parking lot of the Palamino Club in North Hollywood, CA and brought him home to sleep it off. This was just before he hit it off big and from that day on whenever he had a concert in L.A. there were always two tickets waiting for my parents at the box office. He may have had a few issues but he was a good ole boy at heart.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
He may have had a few issues but he was a good ole boy at heart.

Then won't you enjoy his new music? You may listen to the entire album!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Awww! Also Tony Randall's birthday.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post