Ray Bradbury Forums
Ray Bradbury Day in South Pasadena

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/9617090776

19 February 2017, 06:56 AM
Richard
Ray Bradbury Day in South Pasadena
The City of South Pasadena, California has designated March 2, 2017 as "Ray Bradbury Day". For more information on the events planned, as well as a picture of this site's own jkt holding a copy of the Mayor's proclamation, click on the attached link:

http://file770.com/?p=33463
19 February 2017, 03:54 PM
dandelion
Thank you, Richard! Anyone knowing of other such events, PLEASE post them here! I have been feeling very badly, fearing that since Ray passed away and his house was destroyed, his memory is being consigned to the scrap heap of history, and if people will do this to the greatest writer in the history of written language, no literature or even the memory of it is safe. (The ending of Fahrenheit 451 is beautiful, but in all honesty, who has even correctly memorized a single paragraph from ANY book? I have read Ray's works multiple times and I still have to check quotes for accuracy!) We are well on our way to being an ignorant, illiterate, or at least ill-informed, society.
02 March 2017, 08:17 PM
jkt
South Pasadena is honoring Ray again, with a number of events.

‘One Book, One City’ Reading Project on Ray Bradbury’s “Fahrenheit 451 “
Kickoff Event at Fire Station. 3/2/17 at 5 pm with Micah the Magician from the Magic Castle and special guests. (This event was fun.)

Reading and Discussion of ‘Fahrenheit 451”, 3/8/17 at 7 pm in Library Community Room
with Actor and Bradbury Associate Robert Kerr.

Presentation of “Fahrenheit 451” play, 3/16/17 at 7 pm in Library Community Room with the Ray Bradbury Pandemonium Theatre Company.

Performance by acclaimed actor Bill Oberst, 3/24/17 in Library Community Room of Ray Bradbury’s “Pillar of Fire”, a precursor to “Fahrenheit 451”.

Reading and Discussion of “Fahrenheit 451”, 3/20/17 at 7 pm in Library Ray Bradbury Conference Room with Actor and Author Duffy Hudson.

Filming of “Fahrenheit 451” Read-In in Library Ray Bradbury Conference Room, 3/29/17—Various Times by Invitation and Appointment Only. To be broadcast later on Channel 19.

Screening of classic “Fahrenheit 451” film on 3/30/17 at 7 p.m. in Library Community Room. Directed by Francois Truffaut and starring Julie Christie and Oskar Werner

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
14 March 2017, 11:13 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Presentation of “Fahrenheit 451” play, 3/16/17 at 7 pm in Library Community Room with the Ray Bradbury Pandemonium Theatre Company.

The whole play?! Just like that wonderful six month run back in '08?! If so, I might just have to bend my rule and venture into the city on a weekday evening.

"Live Forever!"
20 March 2017, 02:52 PM
jkt
Here is what is happening on Thursday.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
22 March 2017, 07:26 AM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Here is what is happening on Thursday.

Or Friday, even!