Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Jules Verne Society

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jules Verne Society
 Login/Join

posted
Another award for Mr. B.

http://www.julesvernefestival.com/spip.php?sommaire

Jules Verne Lifetime Achievement Award to
Ray Bradbury

Novelist, short story writer, essayist, playwright, screenwriter, and poet. Author of ’Farenheit 451’, ’Something Wicked This Way Comes’ and ’The Martian Chronicles’

The Edison - Fund Raising Party, Thu. Dec. 6, 9:30pm

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Another award for Mr. B.

http://www.julesvernefestival.com/spip.php?sommaire

Jules Verne Lifetime Achievement Award to
Ray Bradbury

Novelist, short story writer, essayist, playwright, screenwriter, and poet. Author of ’Farenheit 451’, ’Something Wicked This Way Comes’ and ’The Martian Chronicles’

The Edison - Fund Raising Party, Thu. Dec. 6, 9:30pm

And I see Malcolm is going to be there. Looks like fun.

Couldn't the Society spell Fahrenheit right?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When is Ray going to give it up and stop thinking he still looks like a movie star. He's still a handsome fellow but insists that his old photos be used.
I suppose if he could really have his way, he would use some photo of himself at 10 or 12 years old and contend that it's the best photo to use on his book jackets. (He may be right, come to think of it!)

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
When is Ray going to give it up and stop thinking he still looks like a movie star. He's still a handsome fellow...

I don't know that he thinks that - whenever I (or anybody else) tries to get a good shot of him for a photo, he says "there is no good angle."

Funny man.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suppose if he could really have his way, he would use some photo of himself at 10 or 12 years old and contend that it's the best photo to use on his book jackets. (He may be right, come to think of it!)

For those who have gmail, you know that when you add another gmail contact to your address book, up pops a photo the user has chosen for their image, and they can see yours.

When I added Ray's gmail address to my address book, the photo that came up was of him around the age of three with those bangs - charming!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
When is Ray going to give it up and stop thinking he still looks like a movie star. He's still a handsome fellow but insists that his old photos be used.

Ray may be deluding himself, but what about Tony Curtis (on that same page)?!?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Ray! We love you no matter which picture is used!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, I knew there was a thread for this somewhere. I have just posted a link to a report on this event, over in Resources.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post