Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Moore dittoheads target Ray!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moore dittoheads target Ray!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I'd give anything for a letter that said love, Papa Ray on it.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One can admire BOTH Moore and Bradbury.

And idolize neither.

As as writer myself I'd like to hear Bradbury's argument against Moore using Fahrenheit in the titleing of his film. I'll reserve my judgment until such time. If anyone has a link to such a discussion, please post said link.

-Jerzy

Posts: 1 | Location: New York City | Registered: 11 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Sam Weller's excellent authorized biography of Ray, "The Bradbury Chronicles," the Michael Moore/Fahrenheit 9/11 issue is gone over on pages 330-331.

Every Bradbury fan should read this book, it is terrific.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: blackdog,

"We burn them to ashes and then burn the ashes That's our official motto."

Posts: 54 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This subject has been discussed ad nauseum. Search the archives to read all about it. The minutes will fly like hours!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RayBradbury isSenile:
Michael Moore is a burning sun and<br />raybert is a spent piece of meteorite

First of all MR BRADBURY is loved (diservedly so) by millions because he creates magnifacent works of art that inspire as well as entertain.
I have never seen any of Micheal Moores films so I can't really comment on them or him, But I think I can honestly say that as an artist he doesn't even come remotly close to MR BRADBURYS'
status.

and why would any one who doesn't like MR BRADBURY waste their time reading and posting on a Bradbury board?

Posts: 16 | Location: north carolina | Registered: 27 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
spacemanspiff,
Love the moniker! I really miss Calvin & Hobbes...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BrII: Yes, for those of you "youngsters" out there who may have missed the fun, get a collection of C & H and enjoy the riotous rides down the hill or to distant worlds (out of control, of course) and the endless attacks from friends and foes alike:
http://home3.inet.tele.dk/stadil/calvin.htm

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks braling. calvin and hobbs is one of my heros(space hero that is) Smiler The news paper where I live is running reruns

Posts: 16 | Location: north carolina | Registered: 27 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, are they reruns? I was hoping it was being brought back!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Undoubtedly one of the best comics ever--have the last one saved in a box somewhere. Famous last words? "Let's go exploring!" How Bradbury is that?!

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unforunatly, I saw an interview wuth his father (apperantly he doesn't do interviews) and he will not be doing any more calvin and hobbes Frowner

posted Hide Post
My son, 9, suggested last night "... it would be really cool if a movie would be done of Calvin and Hobbes the way they did Wallace and Gromit and Chicken Little!" I think he's on to something! Anyone have Mr. Watterson's address?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid I sort of just jumped into this message board without introducing myself. I did not look at the date of this post before I responded to it. When I read the post by "RayBradbury IsSenile"(how asnine is THAT) I was so incensed that I responded without looking very closely. After I bumped around the board a bit I realized how long ago he made his posts and how upset everyone was with having to deal with such a jerk. Sorry to open old wounds.

As for me I'm 45 years old. I was raised in and live in central North Carolina. The area they call the peidmont. Work in but don't live in Fayetteville at the Goodyear tire plant. Been building tires there for 20 years.

I first read Ray Bradbury in I think the 6th grade. It was either 'The Martian Chronicles' or 'The Illustrated Man'(It was 30+ years ago so cut me a little slack)that I checked out of the school library.
Whichever it was I was hooked.I immediately checked out every Bradbury book I could find and Devoured them. He became and still is my favorite author of any kind of fiction, Although many of his latest books I have not read yet because of lack of funds and because of a rural county library system. Mad
Mr Bradbury changed the way I look at the world. To realize that ordinary things events or even people could hold either magic or torror or just plain mistery was quite a revalation to a young boy and while I may not have competely understood all that he wrote when I was young,I did not enjoy them any less for it. He made autumn my favorite time of year and October my favorite month.
I just finished rereading 'The Hallowing Tree' because of the holiday but my favorite Bradbury novel is without a doubt 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'(What did you guys think of the movie by the way, I thought they actually did a pretty good job for a change) Well I'm through rambaling now hope to be here a long while and have some fine conversations Cool

posted Hide Post
Hi Spacemanspiff,

We must have discovered Bradbury about the same time. I am 48 and I first read "The Illustrated Man" when I was 14. I remember the experience vividly, probably because my mom and I were on our very first real vacation - to the Oregon coast. The first night we stopped in a little drugstore in Seaside, Oregon. They had one of those spinner racks with paperbacks. I didn't have a book with me (which was quite unusual) and got my mom to shell out 75 cents for the book (I still have it). And for the next several days I would read while mom drove, while mom showered, while mom watched TV in motels. I actually remember reading "The Fox and the Forest" just before bed in a motel in Coos Bay.

Thanks for sharing about yourself.

"We burn them to ashes and then burn the ashes That's our official motto."

Posts: 54 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting posts (perspectives) by both Black Dog and Spaceman. You actually reinforce my long standing belief of how one actually "becomes a RB Fan!"

He doesn't "win you over," but rather he "captures you!"

I, too, was about 14 when first I read the man. Golden Apples of the Sun (with the brown cover, T-Rex, volcano, skull, desolute planet images). He had me with the first story, "Fog Horn," still a favorite.

Now, a few years later (yeah, right!), I have the great pleasure of teaching any RB stories I want in grades 9-12 and via a distance learning closed circuit inter-district elective lit. class.
It doesn't get much better than that!