Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Moore dittoheads target Ray!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moore dittoheads target Ray!
 Login/Join

posted
Ray Bradbury *criticized* Moore. If Moore can't handle criticism for his actions, he should leave public life.

The people who harass Ray Bradbury are IMHO intolerant of free speech. This is a familiar tactic used by the likes of Karl Rove--defame and "punish" anyone who criticizes their actions or politics. Now Moore or his henchmen are trying to harass, defame or threaten critics. Just yesterday Moore vowed to set up a "war room", use an "army" of lawyers, and use "force" against anyone who "lies about him" or criticizes his movie.

LOL. Welcome to Fascism Lite: Legal harassment of dissent, by someone who pretends to be "progressive"

Utter hypocrisy if you ask me!

Michael Moore was pretentious to choose this title. Moore is NO Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 11 | Location: London | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good point.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michael Moore is no Ray Bradbury, for sure. But by Michael Moore choosing this title, and Ray Bradbury making any kind of issue of it -- which he has -- the result cannot be anything but beneficial to Ray Bradbury's selling more books and becoming known to a wider audience.

I've read a number of comments against Mr Bradbury criticizing Mr Moore but honestly, I haven't detected any signs of suppression of free speech. Besides, how could it be so? Michael Moore's supporters obviously don't control these boards, do they?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mx8:
Moore is NO Ray Bradbury.

Yes absolutely. Moore unlike Bradbury has actually had a visible social impact within a matter of months of him making his work. Bradbury has only really impacted on a social awareness of the lucky ones in our midst who got to read his works. From K-Mart changing their sales policy on ammunition to the Bush administration making a huge fuss over his film Moore has pretty instant reactions. Perhaps that's why Bradbury is jealous of the title usage, that his work never got this much hype (rightly or wrongly)?

Posts: 17 | Location: USA/UK | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
>the result cannot be anything but beneficial to Ray Bradbury's selling more books and becoming known to a wider audience.

That's a good point: Ray Bradbury is an artist, and while selling books is his how he makes his living, money is not his goal I believe. Moore OTOH is a money-grubbing media hound. So you are right: Bradbury will never make the money that Moore does--and I respect him that much for not selling out.

"Greedy" millionaire progressives? LOL Yewt Moore laughable hypocrisy.

If Moore stole my work I'd sue him too, and send the proceeds to charity.

Posts: 11 | Location: London | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
<i>Moore is NO Ray Bradbury.</i>

he-he
and I THANK THE LORD FOR THAT FACT

(Followed by an unkind and untrue comment, contributing nothing, and therefore deleted.)

Michael Moore is a burning sun and
raybert is a spent piece of meteorite

(This remark is so blazingly flagrant I'm letting it stand as a monument to ignorance.)

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 06-30-2004).]

Posts: 11 | Location: Jax Fl | Registered: 30 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
p.s. I think it is safe statement
to say that anyone that admires
Michael Moore is
too intelligent to have anything whatsover
to do with an imbecile like rushette Limbo

Posts: 11 | Location: Jax Fl | Registered: 30 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seriously? So there are actually people more stupid than Michael Moore fans? I hope nothing induces Rush Limbaugh fans here in that case!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, Dandelion, for a moderator, you sure are full of arrogance. Please refrain from blanketly characterizing others as stupid. I for one don't like that.

Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Translator: How many times have you called the views of those who disagree with you "infantile"? This is different from Dandelion . . . how?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a moderator, that's one. Two, the difference between calling someone's point of view infantile and calling someone stupid is great. I hope you realize that.

Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, but the etymological translation of "dandelion" is "lion's teeth" !

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"the difference between calling someone's point of view infantile and calling someone stupid is great. I hope you realize that."

I do realize it, and also realize that there is often a fine line there that is often abused.

posted Hide Post
I work at a bookstore and after the release of Michael Moore's FAHRENHEIT 911 we were inundated with requests for Ray Bradbury's FAHRENHEIT 451. I have been a fan of Papa Ray for 34 years and I have been a Big Mike fan since ROGER AND ME. Ray once wrote me a letter where he tore into me about something I had said. But he signed the letter "Love, Papa Ray."
I learned a great lesson from that - you don't always have to agree with someone to still respect and care for them. That was something I really needed to learn and I am so thankful that I learned it from Ray.

"We burn them to ashes and then burn the ashes That's our official motto."

Posts: 54 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great story and lesson to share, and so glad the incident sold some books for Ray!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post