Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    The Value of a Book
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Value of a Book
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hey, Larry Storch appeared on "Emergency!"

And Dick York is THE Darrin Stephens!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Hi folks. Looks like there's been some discussions on religion and Christianity and how it differs from other religions. I'm not really sure how any of this has to do with Bradbury. I would like to clarify that Christianity is based on God offering a free gift of salvation to everyone. God's plan is that the gift of salvation was made possible by God coming to earth in the form of Jesus Christ. Being simultaneously fully God and fully man, Jesus died on the cross to redeem mankind's sins. Then 3 days later Jesus rose from the grave and after that rose to heaven to be at the right hand of God. I know that after believing and having faith in what Jesus Christ did and asking God for forgiveness I have been made a new creation. Not by my work, but by God's grace to me. That grace and gift of salvation is available to all. I do have faith that through Jesus Christ I will most assuredly "Live Forever". So I guess it does tie into Bradbury afterall.

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen. Search around a bit and you'll find several previous discussions along these lines. You may even want to start a new topic. Good time of year to do it with Passover imminent and Easter Sunday this Sunday. For us Orthodox, though, this Sunday is Palm Sunday, with Pascha (Easter) a week later this year than the Western Easter...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chap, Getting back to the original (I think!) rabbit trail, I wonder if anyone's done a book on '50s kiddie show hosts?
Out here on the Left Coast we had sveral- some of them were really talented and innovative, and others were real dullards whom we kids wished would shut up and get to the cartoons!
Such a book would require lots of research as this phenomenon seemed to be nationwide (albeit really lasting only 20 years max), and I'd be disappointed the focus was just on the big cities...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post