Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray
 Login/Join

posted
I know some of you are fortunate enough to keep in contact with Mr. Bradbury from time to time, and I was wondering how he is doing?

"Witness and Celebrate."
-Ray Bradbury

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
src89
Some of the videos here of Ray here are just weeks old, especially in the FAVORITES section.

CLICK ON http://www.youtube.com/user/RayBradburyChannel

Now, with the passing of his life-long friend just yesterday, Forry Ackerman, Ray is undoubtedly having a rough time of it.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few years ago, with the passing of his wife, brother, Aunt Neva, and other friends so close together, Ray made a profoundly sad statement, which I have never forgotten: "everyone around me is dying."

It has fresh meaning once again today.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. B is, of course, saddened by the death of his dear friend. But, and I'd normally not post such information but, know that he is going out to dinner with friends tonight where I'm sure they will toast 4E.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Ackerman was Ray's oldest friend. They'd been best friends for about 75 years.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys! And I will be sure to keep Mr. Bradbury in my thoughts and prayers.

"Witness and Celebrate."
-Ray Bradbury

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post