Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Dandelion Wine Festival
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dandelion Wine Festival
 Login/Join

posted
http://www.breitenbachwine.com/fes_fr.htm

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool!
Ohio, though.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I've seen it all. That website has an "online Amish store"! Well, I suppose the Amish have to do their online shopping somewhere...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to purchase six bottles of their wine to get the dandelion wine I really wanted, so I ordered a variety of vintages and two bottles of dandelion wine. One has now been autographed by Ray and sits in a place or honor on my Bradbury collection book shelf and the other has long since passed (pissed) away. Who, but the Amish, would consider wines from elderberrys and other such that used to be quite common, but today cannot be found in even the most upscale of wine cellers (sellers) as remarkable enough to produce for sale.

P.S.: I am getting so senile that I have to edit this #$%^&* message three times to correct the misspellings. What about a built-in spell check for the board, ah technology to the rescue. It is not lack of knowing, but errors in key strokes that produce my sometimes unintellegible postings. But, I try. The alternative is to compose in Word, spell check and then copy and paste here. I am usually too spontaneous for that.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
I had to purchase six bottles of their wine to get the dandelion wine I really wanted...

I understand this was a good vintage...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Dandelion Wine comfortably nests in a Halloween Tree. Obsessive? Me?

John King Tarpinian

ImageDandelionWineBottle.JPG (97 Kb, 6 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone should make that Spring trip to Waukegan (Green Town) and gather up a dozen gallons of dandelions. What does it take to make a single bottle of the stuff? Have Ray take a single small glass of wine from the bottle and cork it up forever. Now there's a rare bottle. A single waft taken by the author of Dandelion Wine himself, fermented from the hills of Green Town no less. (Or, is this a form of something akin to idol worship going a wee bit to far?)

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
My Dandelion Wine comfortably nests in a Halloween Tree. Obsessive? Me?

No, to be an obsessive you'd have to have a dinosaur in that tree as well.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
No, to be an obsessive you'd have to have a dinosaur in that tree as well.

Or perhaps discretely place a butterfly on a dinosaur birthday cake!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So it's legal to order wine online? Wasn't someone looking into getting some dandelion wine awhile ago and found it was illegal to send alcohol across state lines?

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about them "Wine of the Month Clubs"?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
So it's legal to order wine online? Wasn't someone looking into getting some dandelion wine awhile ago and found it was illegal to send alcohol across state lines?

Wine sales across state lines is a complicated issue. Many states do not allow interstate online sales because they are trying to protect their state's wine industries. Other states have "blue laws" that prevent interstate wine sales. (Red states tend to have blue laws but that's off-topic.) Lastly, a few states require the signature of an adult, of drinking age, to sign for the delivery. So the delivery companies refuse to deliver to that state because they do not want to be responsible for policing those laws and fear of litigation.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
...and all this information from a teetotaler!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Teetotaler is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
O.K. So now that you have all tormented me with what has to be the Holy Grail of Bradburydom, How does one go about getting an autographed bottle of Dandelion Wine!

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post