Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Standing Room Only
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Standing Room Only
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Doug Spauldingster:

Okay! Waiting on those photos!

Called patrask (PHIL) yesterday about taggin' along today. He couldn't...and at the last minute, I couldn't. So it worked out.
Daughter is driving in from Chicago this week. Plan to take her to one of the performances of Green Town. Last time she was a mere kiddie when we went to see Ray's 'Wonderful IceCream Suit' in Chicago.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Okay! Waiting on those photos!

They're done!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Called patrask (PHIL) yesterday about taggin' along today.

I believe Phil will be at next Friday night's show. Et tu, Mr K?

(I just like saying "et tu".)

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone would like free tickets(2) to tonights show at the Freemont Theatre. Just show up at least 15 min early go to the will call window and mention the tickets are in the name of David B. Smith. I hope someone can use them

David B Smith

Posts: 12 | Location: Utica,MI,USA | Registered: 03 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil? Phil? Where did I get that it was Pete?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With so many of Mr. Bradbury's works now experiencing the love possible only via a "live performance" venue, this has been conjured from all I have been reading:
-----------------------------

...so there is no room left for another soul to enter the auditorium for this long awaited appearance. The lights dim, the slight murmer that has flowed across the audience hushes, and the eyes of all those present turn to the stage with wonder and anticipation.

The ambiance is perfect. The ornate curtain, velvet and wine colored, slowly slides apart as if moved by some magic hand. A golden glow of overhead spotlights captures the man center stage. The curtain finishes its lively dance to each sidewall.

Sitting with pen and notebook in hand is the author whom everyone has come to see. His salt and pepper hair is graying at the temples and so adds to his distinguished presence. He smiles.

The crowd rises as if forced from its seats by the sound of a thunderous applause now echoing from all corners of the room. The metaphor of the seat upon which he sits is lost to none. Those immediately in front of him, as well as those craning necks from doorways and side hall entrances, recognize its exact purposes...to rest upon and travel, too!

He has come such a long way. He has been here forever. He will remain just as long!

Now - Visit your copy of:
Bradbury: An Illustrated Life ~ Journey to Far Metaphor
pg. 143!!!

(Jerry Weist, 2002)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saturday, December 1, 6:30 pm
Ray will be at the Woodland hills Library for a lecture and book signing. 22200 Ventura Blvd., Woodland Hills, CA. (cross street San Feliciano Dr.). Additional information: 818-226-0017

Tuesday, December 11 (tentative)
Ray is tentatively scheduled to appear on Connie Martinson Talks Books.
http://www.conniemartinson.com/

Friday, December 14, 6:00 pm
Ray will lecture at the Laguna Beach Library, 363 Glenneyre Street, Laguna Beach, CA 92651. Admission is $25.00, which benefits the Friends of the Laguna Beach Library. Reservations suggested.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post