Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Standing Room Only
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Standing Room Only
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The banner outside the theater

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageGreenTownFremont.jpg (49 Kb, 16 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stage Right

John King Tarpinian

ImageStage1.jpg (32 Kb, 16 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stage Left

Plus an article link to Pasadena Now Online

http://www.pasadenalivingmagazine.com/_ArticleManager/p...h/article_2131.shtml

John King Tarpinian

ImageStage2.jpg (37 Kb, 13 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Exit, Stage Left!

(sorry. It's late. Couldn't resist.)

ImageExitStageLeft.jpg (15 Kb, 14 downloads)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John King:

BRAVO, sir! Thanks for the uplifting prelude to the play. Look forward to seeing it in the next couple weeks...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opening night will not be the same without you Nard. Looks like the family got in the way and I won't be in Santa Barbara on Saturday. Darn.

Sorry for the low-rez images but I was dumb enough to have left my camera at home and all I had was my cell phone camera.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Exit, Stage Left!

Snagglepuss!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Opening night will not be the same with you Nard.

Are you trying to tell him something?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prelude is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I know I am going to regret this…

OK, here goes. I have a dozen of the 6x9 playbills for Green Town that I will mail to the first twelve of you who are unable to attend due to not living in or near LaLaLand. Just email me your mailing address, and I will put them in the mail on Monday. Just in case my SPAM filter does not play nice please but Green Town in the Subject line so I can capture your request.

p.s. This evening’s after party is being catered by a very nice French restaurant in honor of Mr. B’s love of Paris.

jkt@earthlink.net

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Okay ! Okay !
It's 2 am already and still no pictures from last evening Bradbury play and festivities in Pasadena.

Let me guess. Slow uploadings...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Okay ! Okay !
It's 2 am already and still no pictures from last evening Bradbury play and festivities in Pasadena.

Let me guess. Slow uploadings...

Mr. Spaulding is the responsible party here!!! He was probably just getting home when you posted.

More than a few of the regular attendees said this play was Ray's best. People had tears of joy towards the end of the second half of the second act.

Mr. B has indicated that he plans to attend on Sunday.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Yow. Due to 'stuff'...unable to get to Santa Barbara tonight for Ray's talk. I hope someone is there to take some photos or videos. (Hey, Doug Spaulding, where are YOU?!!)
Upsetting, for sure.

note: Last year video (2006) of Ray at he same meeting in Santa Barbara, can be seen on my website. Click on link
http://www.catchaway.com/video.htm

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yow. Due to 'stuff'...unable to get to Santa Barbara tonight for Ray's talk.

I hate it when 'stuff' gets in the way. I hope 'stuff' does not get in the way next Friday night.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, Doug Spaulding, where are YOU?!!

Here I am.

Got home at 1am, got up the next day, went to 4E's, now here I am late the next night posting (a few) photos.

Better late, as they say...

"Live Forever!"