Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray Obviously Will Have No Legacy
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Obviously Will Have No Legacy
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
dandelion:

Don't knowexact figures for the United States, but it's in the tens of millions. You have regular cable, then you have digital cable, and the 'dish', which also gets lots of the cable programs and sends the signal all over the world. Japan alone has over 25 million digital cable subscribers.

World wide cable use is either about 400 million, or exceeding it by this time.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion,

Yes, it's cable. Here in Oklahoma City, the CNBC is bundled together with the other cable news channels. I wonder, if you have cable, if your cable company similarly bundled the networks.

If not, for you, and others, I'm sure those of us who will be able to watch will be able to provide a blow by blow.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who is this Michael Moore anyway?

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michael Moore kind of looks like a Hobbit gone bad......VERY bad....

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey gothic
sorry...some of us forget that this site doesn't just reach out to Americans. Michael Moore is an American film maker who's latest film, Fahrenheit 911 discusses the Sept. 11th attacks on the WTC and how our president could have prevented them...blahblahblah...personally i think he has made some good points, others think he stretches the truth. he's been known to raid major coorporations and confront them about unemployment and other issues that " the less fortunate" may have. Bowling for Columbine discussed America's obssesion with guns...you shoul research...

Posts: 26 | Location: Snellville, GA, United States | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's playing in Europe. Already big in France, and should be in England, where the Prime Minister is under severe attack for his involvement in the war.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, all I know for sure is that, despite his film being touted as an expose' of corruption and greed, no one's made more money off of this tragedy than Michael Moore.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I KNOW about Moore and his film - it's on in a theatre here in Ostend, maybe 100 metres from my humble abode. What I meant to express was my heartfelt irritation at this midget's insolence: mention Bradbury's masterpiece and people think Moore! This is totally unacceptable.

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury, Micheal Moore.
One burns brightly with original crisp clear thought provoking spark bursting light on his own imaginativly created, independantly lit trail of accomplished life... One to my knowledge that makes his livelyhood off of other persons miseries. Picking at bones left of sadness, and
mistake. It seems to me that Mr Moore would rather blow, and throw salt, and kerosene into fires that should best be left to die, scar, and heal. All for his own names growth. Not to truly provoke productive, constructive change, BUT to let the world know his name, and nostalgic venom for his 15 minutes of drawn out fame. Some one here is in it for the Agenda of self. Some one here is in it for the Agenda of life, the celebration of humanity, love, and exploring the many facets worth living with a taste for humor,
and tears. Not just the with an appetite for destruction that will only have its own end.
Ray has every right to feel anger at Mr Moore. Ray has contributed his entire life to life, all points of its existence. truly to our joy a unique vision of life that did not exist until Rays fingers hit the keyboard. Ray is a literary Lion able to continue to produce ideas of energy.
Moore is a Hyena only able to howl, and pick at the carrion left behind by souless acts to societyas a whole. His prey is dead, and gone. Easy helpless pickings. Each of these individuals have they're purpose in this life. One stands alone as a productive agent, the other to cry foul at the end of the day. I will always remember the Lions of this World in my life, the hyena 's will forever be picking bones. Easily forgotten, and always in the shadows living off of someone elses energy, and light...

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 07-16-2004).]

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice job, uncle!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had it with he who should not be named.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm currently reading (along with a bunch of Bradbury related stuff right now) "Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man". by David T. Hardy and Jason Clarke. While the title is unfortunate (but attention-getting, the way Moore operates) and the authors are Moore-haters, the book still does a good job (36 pages of notes) tearing apart the way Moore distorts and selectively ignores truth and attacks anyone who disagrees with him. The primary focus in the book is Moore's "Bowling for Columbine" but it also anticipates "Farenheit 9/11)

Interesting read.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am distressed to hear that Ray is a worthless hack.

Will all those who think so, kindly get in touch with the editors of the Encyclopedia Britannica, the most prestigious reference work in English, and try to convince them to remove the entry RAY BRADBURY. I await your efforts with interest.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uncle: From another post, but a shoe that fits, I commented-(MM original!? Rather, he is a gleaner of sound and film bytes.)
Your scavenger analogy is right out of "The Veldt!" Quite Bradburian!

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Kipling one gets the impression that a scavenger is one step (if that) above a carrion-eater.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post