Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    La simpleza de un grande

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

La simpleza de un grande
 Login/Join

posted
Today, in La Nacion, Buenos Aires, RB is interviewed. He states great trues, which I agree in the forum in spanish as follows:

"Hoy en LN, el gran escritor, no ya de ciencia ficcion sino algo mas: del alma humana en escenarios de la era espacial, dice grandes verdades:

1) "Fui un niño pobre, así que todo lo que leí lo leí en las bibliotecas. Si tocas una biblioteca, me tocas el alma.".
Comparto: cuando no habia television ni ordenadores los niños frecuentabamos las bibliotecas y alli descubrimos el mundo en la magia de las novelas, los atlas, las fotografias.
Hoy nuestros niños no leen. No saben lo que se pierden: con la lectura la pantalla es la imaginación, que tiene muchisimos mas pixels.

2) Sobre la bomba atómica: "Es peligrosa pero gracias a ella libramos al mundo de la opresión de Moscú en los 80".
Comparto: Qué hubiera sido de la libertad si Stalin no hubiera sido frenado con la amenaza de la bomba, y a sus sucesores con la "Guerra de las Galaxias" de Ronald Reagan.

3) "Lo primero que hice al llegar a Madrid fue ir al Prado, ver los cuadros de Goya."
Comparto: Hace varias decadas hice lo mismo: apenas llegué sali disparando al Prado. Mis ojos no daban abasto para absorber todo ese arte y toda esa historia.

4) Sobre el 11-9: "Ni en mis pesadillas soñé algo así. Aún estoy bajo los efectos de aquel día."
Comparto: me quedé en ese momento perpetuo. Ray, tenés razón: la maldad no tiene limites y supera aun a tu imaginación, que no tiene limites en el tiempo ni en el espacio.

Grande, Ray ! Gracias por todo lo que nos diste."

Posts: 1 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...which means, according to the Babelfish translator:

"Today in LN, the great writer, not only of science fiction but something but: of the human soul in scenes of the space era, it says great truths: 1) "I was a poor boy, so everything what I read I read it in the libraries. If headresses a library, you touch the soul to me.". I share: when habia television nor computers the frecuentabamos children the libraries and alli we did not discover the world in the magic of novels, the atlases, fotografias. Today our children do not read. They do not know what they lose themselves: with the reading the screen is the imagination, that has muchisimos but pixels. 2) On the atomic pump: "She is dangerous but thanks to her we freed to the world of the oppression of Moscow in the 80". I share: What had been of the freedom if Stalin had not been restrained with the threat of the pump, and to its successors with the "War of the Galaxies" of Ronald Reagan. 3) "first which I did when arriving at Madrid went to go to the Prado, to see the pictures of Goya." I share: It does several decadas I did the same: hardly I arrived sali shooting to the Prado. My eyes did not give supply to absorb all that art and all that history. 4) On the 11-9: "Nor in my nightmares I dreamed something thus. Still I am under the effects of that day." I share: I remained perpetual then. Ray, tenés reason: the badness does not have you limit and even surpasses to your imagination, that it does not have you limit in the time nor in the space. Great, Ray! Thanks for everything what you gave us."

Any human translators who could fix the errors made by the automated translation?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can do it if I can find the time!
If a few days go by and nobody else does it, I'll take up the task.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post