New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rocket
 Login/Join

posted
I see you.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw him again.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and raised him?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh no, I had nothing to do with that. Who knows why the Mojo grows?

"Mr. Mojo risin"
j-i-M-M-o-r-r-i-s-o-n.

posted Hide Post
He's a slippery one, that Rocket. I just saw him again. He sneaks in when no one's looking. He's like a bogey or a mimsy. You just catch a glimpse out of the corner of your eye. Then it's as if he was never there. But he leaves a scent of cinnamon and cloves in his wake. That's the tell-tale, his calling card. He can't mask it or wash it off because he sleeps on a bed of cinnamon sticks and rests his head on a sack of cloves. His lair is down in the ravine. It's the only safe place left for his kind.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

posted Hide Post
That's because I'm also a disgruntled retired school teacher named Mrs. Peterson with a hangup on neat writing along with my swinging American guy image usually portrayed in quick shadowbox images on here, I'm fast baby, like James Dean's spider!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocket: Only a true afictionato would know that it was a Spider. I am married to a disgruntled retired school teacher, who suffered from one last encounter with an Asberger's Syndrome kid, loved but left an everlasting impression on the teacher. Regards, and "want to see a monkey?"

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the Asperger's Syndrome kid offer to show her a monkey?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AHA, we flushed him out of the undergrowth!!!

Uh, Rocket... you really ought to do something about that undergrowth. It's becoming an eyesore.

posted Hide Post
Wow! Okay, patrask, that is amazing and yes to your questshawn (yes, that's french). Mrs. Peterson originated at work. We are always finding old pictures and letters that fall out of ancient books. I'm already an afficianado(?) of collecting these artifacts from another world that is no more. Anyway at the tender age of 44, I am already the crazy cat man of my street unbeknownst to my neighbors as such. To get back to Mrs. Peterson, one day a letter fell out of an old comic book dated 1968 from a disgruntled teacher to the mother of a boy named Larry Peterson. The note was very incendiary in it's criticism of poor Larry's handwriting skills, it went on and on. It ended with, "perhaps he can practise at home". It was unsigned which I found rude plus the teacher's handwriting wasn't that great either. Being unsigned, I thought it would have been humorous if the teacher's name was also Mrs. Peterson and she was forced to call Larry's mom. Of course throughout all of this, Larry becomes a huge thorn in her side because of his unorthodox view of the world plus he knew how to get on her last nerve. I started to imitate what I thought the teacher would sound like on the phone and it evolved to the point where Mrs. Peterson soon emerged as yet another entity out of my twisted repertoire of characters that I just do for laughs. Yes, she has a definite lisp. She's extremely popular because of her uptight narrowminded views on the world much like Archie Bunker for the same reason. It's my myspace entity as well under "Oh no, it's Mrs. Peterson". Alright, enough of her and poor Larry wherever he may be. Hi Dandelion! grasstains, that's what you think dear! By the way, please refrain from making comments on my undergrowth, we don't say that here. I'll get on it.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a teacher who would confiscate the girls's hairbrushes at the door, all brushes went into a box. Imagine the lice that woman was responsible for passing from child to child. She got in trouble for cutting a boy's hair. This was like 1972 and he had very long hair, which she thought was only for girls. She did NOT get fired for it, though. She was in her early 70s and retired two years later. Mrs. Carmichael..... she was also the music teacher.

Robo,

Do you have a hammock? Every man needs a hammock. It's in the Constitution, you know. "Every man is entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness..... whilst lounging around in a hammock." Can one pursue and lounge at the same time? Sure one can, it's in the Constitution.

================================================

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grasstains,

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

posted Hide Post
grass, I tortured many a teacher into a nervous wreck. I had some good ones that left a lasting impact on me. Good story about the hairbrushes. When I was in school, it was still okay to blister your behind with an inch thick paddle with holes drilled into it for added pleasure and memorization. As for a hammock, I used to own a camping one but it eventually snapped leaving me in a compromising position on the ground. I can't quote the constitution but I can tell you where Crest toothpaste is made and the ingredients of my shampoo.

posted Hide Post
"Crest has been shown to be an effective decay preventive dentifrice which can be of significant value when used in a conscietiously applied program of oral hygene and regular professional care."

That's from memory! (the ADA quote on the tube), but I bet it hasn't changed much, if at all.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that is just a sad comment on the fact that we have all been brainwashed by the TV ads, for the last almost 60 years, with trivia that will never leave our minds. I can do many such ads from memory, sad, but true.

The ad men (Mad Men)really knew what they were doing.
BABO, the foaming cleanser, ...
Brusha, Brusha, Brusha, ...
Feed him Dr. Ross Dog Food, do him a favor,
its got more meat and its got more flavor,
its got more meat to make him feel the way he should,
Dr. Ross Dog Food is Dog-gone Good! --- I sing this one all the time, my wife hates it. (It might have been a West Coast thing)
Drive the USA...
New Delhi? ....
I want my Maypo!
Good to the last drop...
Da,Da,Da,Daa,Da,Daa,
Da,Dah,Da,
Avon Calling...
Its the Water, the water, that makes Olynpia beer...
When you are sure enough to send the very best...
Nestle's makes the very best - chocolate...
You look sharp,.....
Take it off, all off!
You're in good hands...
Light up a Lucky,...
there must be one more in there somewhere, oh yeah,

Plop plop, fizz fizz, oh whata relief it was!

You make up a good jingle and we would buy anything. Still true today. Sad, but true.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No patrask, what I was referring to was gleaned while reading the backs of labels in my morning constitutionals usually after forgetting my magazine or book. Equally sad though. Frowner

p.s. nice commentary B-Two!