Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Fire and Ice

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fire and Ice
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know if Ray Bradbury, wrote a book or, a short story called "Fire and Ice" along time ago? I've thought I read a story about
cliff dwellers, battling each other, trying to
beat the Sun, or risk dying by the Suns intense
rays and then Freezing cold after the sun went down,maybe I was just dreaming. But I could swear I read a story like this...Any one ...
ring a bell,,,strike a memory,,let me know.
Something about reaching a survival unit in time
a kindof mobile home immune to heat and cold,
with food and chicks in it, I mean provisions and Sexy ladies..ha ha ha ha hah hahahahhah..

Posts: 2 | Location: wichita, kansas,usa | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Frost and Fire"--YES, Bradbury wrote it, you only WISH you could dream something that good! The only improvement that your imagination has made on his story is the sexy ladies--sadly missing from the original. I told him flatly in a phone conversation that his intrepid pioneers would have an awful poor time building a new civilization with 50 men (or was it 100? been awhile) and only one woman! His comment (I'll never forget it) was, "I guess I'll have to reread that story."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Billy the Kid on Mars:
I believe that story can be found in the collection "R is for Rocket"

P.S. Cool handle name!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post