Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    PRUNES!!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PRUNES!!!!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, thank you for that edification. Having been a drinker of Dr. Pepper on and off over the years (I remember the old glass bottle with the clock at the top of the neck) I thought that it tasted prunish, but apparently it was a figment of my imagaination.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane! You're in rare form these days!

By the way, I believe the "23 secret ingredients" of Dr Pepper and the ingredients in Coca Cola (no, cocaine was not one of them) can be found in Poundstone's "Big Secrets". Fun book. He even has secret Masonic stuff, KFC's " Eleven secret herbs & spices", explanations of magic tricks, etc.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your compliment. I need all the help that I can get at this point in my life. I hope that you are faring well having been, if I remember correctly, an unfortunate recipient of the economic downturn in this U S of A.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's taken 30 years, but I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty!
Actually, I'm keeping my creditors at bay ant the wolf from the door, if I may mix metaphors.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd love to know what's in there, tho - the doctor is one of my favourite sody-pops!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
...and the ingredients in Coca Cola (no, cocaine was not one of them)...

Was too. At least these folks claim it.

Coca Cola did once contain an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass, but in 1903 it was removed. Coca Cola still contains coca flavouring.

Of course, your sources may be more trustworthy than mine, but that's what they tell me (I wasn't around back then!)

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sundance, over the years you have always impressed me as a man of much wealth: Humor, wisdom, talents, friendship, and faith.

Yes, indeed! A man of much wealth!

Hope all is well.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, I meant when Poundstone & co. analysed the formula in order to put it in his book, which, I think came out in the '80s.

Butch, good to hear from you, and thanks for the kind words!
I hope all is well with you, pard.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Doug, I meant when Poundstone & co. analysed the formula in order to put it in his book, which, I think came out in the '80s.

Oh. Well, in that case, you are a man of humour, wisdom, talents, friendship, and faith.

Poundstone is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Braling II, my heart goes out to you and your family. My wife and I are both working and it is tight. We did take some off and incurred some expenditures when we flew to Iowa for a wedding. With rental car and Dad picking up most of the meals and hotel, it set us back a bit so now it is "catch up time." Hopefully this woefull state of the economy will reverse and posterity rebound.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, 'plane, though I hope you mean prosperity will rebound! Our grandkids are here for the summer - maybe that's posterity rebounding!

posted Hide Post
From the man who brought you Ray Bradbury - prune salesman :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...myem-a_b_824932.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding article, philnic.

Recently downloaded three of Mr. Freberg's contributions to The Twilight Zone Rado Dramas.
http://www.twilightzoneradio.com/
"Four O'Clock", "The Fugitive", and "The Brain Center at Whipple's." The first and third episodes, Mr. Freberg has a really entertaining, funny way of inflecting his voice that lets you know these characters are way off. "The Fugitive" is a sweety.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THE SECRET IS OUT! PUBLIC RADIO PROGRAM REVEALS COCA-COLA'S SECRET FORMULA! MAYHEM, HYSTERIA, PANIC IN THE STREETS, CRASHING OF SERVER!

http://www.thisamericanlife.or...11/02/team-coco-cola

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post