Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    PRUNES!!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PRUNES!!!!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I've never seen it, nor heard of the product (but I can infer what it is/does, thankyou very much). Thanks to TiVo, I rarely watch live telly these days, and usually skip the ads.

Well advised!

Biplane~ Yes indeed. Personally, I'd
sooner watch Mr Bradbury's advert for prunes.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MogtheDog:
All kidding aside, the California Prune Board changed the name from prunes to dried plums back in the year 2000...

There's a California Prune Board?!?

(Or did they change their name to the California Dried Plum Board?)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
All kidding aside, the California Prune Board changed the name from prunes to dried plums back in the year 2000...

There's a California Prune Board?!?

(Or did they change their name to the California Dried Plum Board?)

Mog the Dog here.

Did I say Prune Board? No, there's no California Prune Board. (Never has been, never will be...)

It's the California Dried Plum Board:

http://www.californiadriedplums.org/FooterAboutUs/

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i love plums, but not prunes. does that make me weird?

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoever started this topic should be stoned and hung out to dry. Prunes were the staple diet of our public school system, along with cremated porridge, burnt scrambled eggs and other unmentionables ...

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
Whoever started this topic should be stoned and hung out to dry.

groon did it!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you refer to groon's first posting he was most definitely stoned.

posted Hide Post
Is that "free-stoned"?
Mrs. Braling has less than fond memories of school lunches. To this day she can't bear the thought of eating swede!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
....computing....

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
True enough, but the farmers and processors in the valley made the distinction. Of course, now the Santa Clara valley is mostly concrete and asphalt...

Indeed, everything seems to turn to concrete and asphalt in the absence of prune consumption.

MTD

BRILLIANT!!!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groon:
....computing....

<objectwidth="424"height="344"<>param name="movie"value="http://wwwyoutube.com/v/sXQ6pZIVVhQ&hl=en&fs=1&colourI=Ox3a3a3a&color2=Ox999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen"value="true"></param><embed src

etcetera

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I can see them now, marching in step to "I heard it Through the Grapevine" yes.... The California Prunes ... in purple no less, thank you Stan.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Prunes, here is a Trivia Question: Does anyone know what the base taste of Dr. Pepper soda is?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that Dr Pepper having a prune taste as a base is an urban myth, is it not?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post