Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Christians Pray for Ray's Salvation (Pt 2)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christians Pray for Ray's Salvation (Pt 2)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The question is, has anyone gotten him to explain it? Has he ever given a straight, understandable answer as to his position on this?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, dandelion, everyone may be afraid to ask. They may get zapped!

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bradbury can't really mean what he is saying. Tho I have heard him speak in public using those words, he may be referring to Indian mysticism, where everything is god, including the flea on a dog. He may be referring to the power God gives one. He may referring to the indwelling Christ. Or he may be referring to an unknown entity. Then he does refer to a muse having overtaken him. Is this muse a god? Yeah, it would be nice if Ray makes this clear by what he means. Would Tolkien and C.S. Lewis be shaking their heads over this?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Closed the previous Forum because of just a bunch of unnecessary comments. So this new one.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! We need a group of dedicated Christians
who love Jesus Christ and have accepted Him
as Saviour, to pray to the Father on behalf
of our friend Ray Bradbury.

Asking that the Holy Spirit be sent to capture Ray's heart and soul to the realities and wonders of Salvation thru Christ.

This Forum Request is for Christian Believers. Not for those who have an argument against historic and Biblical Christianity.

Ray will be 89 in August, 2009. Ray has somehow gotten pretty far from the basic teachings of Christianity. Now he sees us as god, each a singular god. Somewhere deep inside there must still remain the residue of his Baptist upbringing, a few remaining Bible verses, a scent of truth connected with the word of God.

We can even pray simply that God will remind Ray of what he knew in truth when he was a youngster.

Thanks for all those who can remember Ray in pray thru the summer. Thanks!

I just have to say this. I can't hold myself back. I find your message to be extremely offensive and just plain rude. It's also very patronizing towards Mr. Bradbury.

I read R is for Rocket when i was six or seven years old. I'm 44 now, and I still read his stories almost every day. His writings have made me think, dream, laugh and cry. But mostly, they fill me with hope for the future in a time when almost everyone else is writing and talking about how we are all doomed. And you're saying that we should pray for him?

I'm not a particularly religious person (I guess I'm what some people call a secular Jew), but if I was I'd say that this is exactly what God wants of his children. He wants us to live life to the fullest and to make full use our talents, whatever they are.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DavidTVC15,

Posts: 31 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidTVC15:

I just have to say this. I can't hold myself back. I find your message to be extremely offensive and just plain rude. It's also very patronizing towards Mr. Bradbury.

I read R is for Rocket when i was six or seven years old. I'm 44 now, and I still read his stories almost every day. His writings have made me think, dream, laugh and cry. But mostly, they fill me with hope for the future in a time when almost everyone else is writing and talking about how we are all doomed. And you're saying that we should pray for him?

I'm not a particularly religious person (I guess I'm what some people call a secular Jew), but if I was I'd say that this is exactly what God wants of his children. He wants us to live life to the fullest and to make full use our talents, whatever they are.

Likewise, I find your posting not so much offensive as... uninformed. You think you are the only one so affected by Bradbury's writings? You think you are the only one that has had his world turned upside down by Bradbury's stories? Are you the singular person in the whole world that has been filled with hope by passages from R is for Rocket? Of course not. But if you think so, then you don't know anything about me and countless other readers. I've experienced much, much more than those few instances you mention. So many more that I have for years been compelled to at least present the gospel to Bradbury.

A secular Jew? Then I am not surprised by your take on this pray request. Why should you care if Ray doesn't know the Lord. You don't. Why bother others? Isn't that so? Isn't that your point? Just be happy to live life to the fullest (whatever your definition happens to be) and make full use of your talents? Forget the other, most important stuff.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see anything offensive here. Maybe you gotta be an atheist to be offended.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of people find praying for Ray Bradbury offensive. It brings up too many issues. Usually moral issues.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, what's offensive is that we presume Ray has not attained said salvation based on our interpretation of same.

We also assume our preference of religion to be the one Ray must accept in order to gain this salvation.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Douglas, are you really one of the ones referred to in scripture who bring strong delusion? I don;t think you understand what you are involved in. In fact, if you do, then you are in a dangerous, dangerous, dangerous place.

Hardly anything in all that you write in all your previous postings has any bearing to the character of Jesus Christ, in regards to redemption, to salvation, to resurrection, to Grace, to sin, to hell, or to the fallen nature of mankind.

You are out on some far out self-gratuitous take on right and wrong. Just what sort of clutch does this Spong have on you? The same kind Mr. Electrico had on Ray? Now Ray is into re-incarnation, a God complex, new-age look on life. Shame!

posted Hide Post
Jesus taught reincarnation.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Jesus taught reincarnation.

Absolute baloney. You show me the scriptural verse or passage and another verse or passage to support your statement. That's how it works, you know.

posted Hide Post
Douglas must think that being "born again" means just that. Being born again, like in another body! If you don't understand that one, then you can start pulling all sorts of things out of the air, like Christ being John the Baptist, or Elias, or some re-birthing mystic from India. The list is endless.

posted Hide Post
Our Doug likes to be a provocateur sometimes.
My guess is the poor lad never had enough attention as a child.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Doug helps in getting this particular forum postings off track. (guess you can blame me, too)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Closed the previous Forum because of just a bunch of unnecessary comments. So this new one.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! We need a group of dedicated Christians
who love Jesus Christ and have accepted Him
as Saviour, to pray to the Father on behalf
of our friend Ray Bradbury.

Asking that the Holy Spirit be sent to capture Ray's heart and soul to the realities and wonders of Salvation thru Christ.

This Forum Request is for Christian Believers. Not for those who have an argument against historic and Biblical Christianity.

Ray will be 89 in August, 2009. Ray has somehow gotten pretty far from the basic teachings of Christianity. Now he sees us as god, each a singular god. Somewhere deep inside there must still remain the residue of his Baptist upbringing, a few remaining Bible verses, a scent of truth connected with the word of God.

We can even pray simply that God will remind Ray of what he knew in truth when he was a youngster.

Thanks for all those who can remember Ray in pray thru the summer. Thanks!

Well, here's the original intent!