Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Christians Pray for Ray's Salvation (Pt 2)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christians Pray for Ray's Salvation (Pt 2)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I went for a walk in the woods and it didn't make me feel any better.

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw a pastor from my town (who has the same last name as the one who died, at the church I attended, but they're not related.) He asked if I was still going to that church. I said I'm still a Christian as far as my beliefs, now I'm just a mean, ornery one.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion,

So what made you so mean and onery?

I get that way when I'm hungry.

BH

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could be the January blahs, could be tired of life.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about picking up your copy of Farewell Summer and giving it a read? I made it through the first 6 chapters last night and it pepped me up!

But yes, the news about Nard has bummed me out the last couple of days. So I figured what better way to deal with it than reading some Bradbury.

Best Wishes.

It's snowing in Washington DC today!

posted Hide Post
Yes, I have that and several other volumes to get to soon.

posted Hide Post
Dandy, don't despair! You're one of the best persons I sort of know! I've been slogging through the Slough of Despond myself (mostly due to debt and car wars), but I'm looking forward to singing Beethoven's Ninth this spring.
C'mon down and have a listen! The "Ode To Joy" may perk you up a bit, my sister!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the message. It's really weird but that music was just running through my head before I saw this.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...It's really weird but that music was just running through my head before I saw this.

Doo-do-doo-do... (That's meant to be the TWILIGHT ZONE theme.)

Actually, what you describe sounds like a Cylon "final five" experience...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Thanks for the message. It's really weird but that music was just running through my head before I saw this.

Well, I knew we were kindred spirits from the get-go...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friend, BrII: "Ode to Joy" one of my favorites of all times!

Here, Dandy: for a Lightened Spirit!!

Earth Song, Frank Ticheli, which three of my Honors students have been practicing and are going to videotape for Mr. B (a class project being sent his way with art, writing, and photos)! The unit reflects on Dandelion Wine, its nostalgia, love-joy-sadness and coming of age...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aarowtnr-hs Enjoy!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's all pause to remember our dear friend Nard and hope his most fervent wish has been granted.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Some of you will know that Ray died while millions worldwide were watching a rare transit of Venus across the face of the sun. Can we honestly say that our Creator disapproved of him when the heavens themselves put on a display to mark his passing?

For those who wield an angry or intolerant God as a weapon, I can only say that I feel sorry for you and ask that you read some of the friendly parts of the Bible. I may have said this before but a close reading of "The Fire Balloons" would not hurt either.

And I will ask you to remember the example of Henry David Thoreau who, while dying, was asked if he had made his peace with God. He replied: "I was unaware that we had ever quarreled".

"We love you. Remember that. We all love you. No matter how different you are, no matter if you leave us one day" --"Homecoming".

Posts: 7 | Location: The Center For Study Of Regressive Tendencies. | Registered: 03 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Left this board long ago, mostly because I grew tired of such religious arrogance as this.

Ray is gone, and I'm here to say,

RAY BRADBURY DOES NOT NEED SAVING. It is we who need saving now. Ray has given us more than any imaginary god ever could.

And I'm including JC in on that.

You might need to pick and chose only the "good parts" or "friendly parts" of the Bible in order for it to have meaning or make sense, but with Ray -- it's all good stuff. Read on.

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post