Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    So...Where Y'All From?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 21

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So...Where Y'All From?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MogtheDog:
...I ought to take the forty-six minute trek up that way to visit the old (or shall I say new?)There Will Come Soft Rains automated house...

Hey Mog, where exactly is this house of which you speak? (Or is this just a MogtheDog jest?)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just outside of Seattle. We have a house, and for the offices we lease a sort of off-the-beaten-path two story condo.

I haven't stopped by in a long time. It's been quite a year, I'll admit. Our next release on March 20 is 'Into The Blast - The True Story of D.B. Cooper'. It's non-fiction.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
...I ought to take the forty-six minute trek up that way to visit the old (or shall I say new?)There Will Come Soft Rains automated house...

Hey Mog, where exactly is this house of which you speak? (Or is this just a MogtheDog jest?)

Dear Phil,

I've not yet made my way up into that neck-o-the-woods, so I cannot say exactly where I might discover said house; but as soon as I do find myself in Allendale, I'm certain the fine folks up there will point me in the right direction.

If the weather holds up as nicely as it has all week, I foresee myself overcoming my fears enough to enjoy a short road trip this weekend.

Until then,

MTD

Everything you can imagine is real. Pablo Picasso

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the weather holds up as nicely as it has all week, I foresee myself overcoming my fears enough to enjoy a short road trip this weekend.

Are you taking your human to the Twilight Zone thingy in LA? Lucky dog!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

Are you taking your human to the Twilight Zone thingy in LA? Lucky dog!

I wish! Unfortunately, she is in the final stages of completing her thesis project for a master's degree and will be booked solid this weekend. The best I can hope for is a little jaunt up to Allendale.

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm from Ukraine!
Born 1986

Я з України!
Народився в 1986 році.

Posts: 2 | Location: Україна | Registered: 24 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I still live Dnipropetrovsk (Ukraine).
By the way, 'Dandelion Vine' have name 'Кульбабове вино' or 'Kul'babove vyno' in translit. Bradbury is one of my most favorite authors. Sorry for my english Smiler

Posts: 2 | Location: Україна | Registered: 24 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Alexandr! Don't apologise for your English - it's better than my Russian!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am particulary interested in finding out the origins of this Harvey101blind character. His post modern day english intrigues me!

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm from Catonsville, Maryland, a suburb of Baltimore City. I was born in 1993 and I have absolutely no problems comprehending Mr. Bradbury's works.

Posts: 17 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland | Registered: 26 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
I am particulary interested in finding out the origins of this Harvey101blind character. His post modern day english intrigues me!

allover new york , born early 82 . i got to enjoy central park in the snow thursday. walking from the met to museum of natural history . it was surreal . i'm not from there but i bet it always is .

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZRTMWA:
I'm from Catonsville, Maryland, a suburb of Baltimore City.

Why, you're a mere 37 miles from me - I'm currently located in Largo, MD. If you ever make your way down there, I'll show you my Bradbury collection, which includes many signed first-edition hardcovers, along with various and sundry stuffs!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you ever make your way down there, I'll show you my Bradbury collection, which includes many signed first-edition hardcovers, along with various and sundry stuffs!

If my pen and I were ever on that side of the world, I would not miss that opportunity!

To rob you of course! Big Grin

(chuckle)

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
quote:
If you ever make your way down there, I'll show you my Bradbury collection, which includes many signed first-edition hardcovers, along with various and sundry stuffs!

If my pen and I were ever on that side of the world, I would not miss that opportunity!

To rob you of course! Big Grin

(chuckle)

Yes, as through this world I've wandered
I've seen lots of funny men;
Some will rob you with a six-gun,
And some with a fountain pen.

Woody Guthrie, "Pretty Boy Floyd"

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was born in 1967, raised smack in the middle of the USA and now reside in the south (USA that is). Some writing is ageless.

Posts: 1 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 05 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post