Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    So...Where Y'All From?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So...Where Y'All From?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Born 1975 in Germany, first real contact with Bradbury's books this year (well, better late than never, they say). These books have heart! And here I go, reading, reading, breathlessly...

Nunc est bibendum.
Cheers, Memes

Posts: 59 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gute Reise!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was born in UK in 1960 of English/Scottish descent-so just about the most un-American person you can imagine! I love Ray Bradburys work having been introduced to his novels when i was in my teens.

Posts: 1 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: 20 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where in the UK? There are a couple of Brits on the board.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Nice to have so many fellow travellers on this board!

Posts: 59 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1989, and I was bornt in Portugal. I'm currently reading my 6th Bradbury Book, I sing the body electric

Posts: 1 | Location: Portugal | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was born in Rome, Italy, 1973 swedish descent, no comprehension problem with Ray! He's so great, i love him so much!

Posts: 1 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: 01 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm actually from "Greentown" (also known as Waukegan, IL). I was born in 1975, though - and his themes still seem current to me.

BTW, I just discovered this board with a Google search - It's nice to see Ray Bradbury has such a hard-core group of fans.

Posts: 2 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 01 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i was born in germany near munich. i live in the united states since 2001 to studie american literatur, culture, history and language.

Posts: 8 | Location: germany | Registered: 06 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ragaga,
I was on a 2-week concert tour of Germany 2 summers ago. We started in Berlin, went through Leipzig, M�chen, N�nberg, and other cities and finished in Wein - singing every evening in some of the most beautiful churches on earth! Loved Bavaria, the beer, pork, and the pickled herring! I hope you're enjoying your time here!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Loved Bavaria, the beer, pork, and the pickled herring!

Beer, pork and pickled herring? Sounds like you were in Milwaukee!!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...or amongst my Norsk relatives in the Pacific Northwest - Ya sure, ya betcha!

posted Hide Post
I was born July 21, 1966, in Seattle. Washington, and have lived in the Northwest all of my life. However, reading Ray's stories set in Green Town, Illinois, I feel like I'm right there.
A big hello to everyone on the board, this is my first post. I'm very glad to have found this site dedicated to the world's greatest living writer.

Posts: 12 | Location: Seattle WA King | Registered: 24 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're very glad to have found you!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard from another Seattle-ite!
Are you too young to be a Patches Pal?
I miss J.P. and Stan Boreson...