Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    So...Where Y'All From?
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So...Where Y'All From?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
quote:
Originally posted by Alive:Have you read the series of books by H.E. Bates set in 1950s Kent, about the Larkin family? I think you would love those, but being very English I don't know if they would be available in the States. I can give you more details, or even get them on Amazon if you are interested. Google "The Darling Buds of May".

No, I have not read those books but they sound like just my cup of tea. I wish they were available on audiobook.

They are available on audiobook, all 5.
What's more, the books were made into 3 TV series shown between 1991-93 and this is available on DVD. All the outside scenes were filmed around the mid Kent village of Pluckley, which still looks pretty much the same today.
It's a truly delightful series starring David Jason, Pam Ferris, and as their daughter Mariette an unknown getting her big break called Catherine Zeta-Jones.
If you would like me to get you any of these just ask. I think as staff you can see my email if you need it. Don't know if I'm allowed to post it here.

I'm Alive!

Posts: 32 | Location: Cardigan, Wales | Registered: 19 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, maybe we can work something out.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moving this up for the incredible outpourings from all over the world! Please check in here!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Moving this up for the incredible outpourings from all over the world! Please check in here!

Doug Spaulding and Braling II met face-to-face today in Felton, CA! Short but sweet. I hope to meet more of you all someday soon.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be great.

posted Hide Post
Maybe at the Waukegan Library some late summer afternoon, followed by a brisk walk through the Ravine!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome, new members! That also goes for anyone who joined awhile ago I may have missed welcoming.

posted Hide Post
Hey, Linnl!! This one is for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfN_gcjGoJo

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get it! Big Grin Thanks!
I think philnic has has seen this too!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
...I think philnic has has seen this too!

Is this the "tusks are looser" reference?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes...and funnily irrelephant.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumping this up for the benefit of new members!

posted Hide Post
Again welcoming new members. So glad to see you here!

posted Hide Post
Moving up in honor of new members.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eva wilson:
Hi there, my name is Eva Wilson. I've been working for over 20 years in IT sector, as Project Manager, Team Leader and focused mainly in areas of IT services, e-Learning and consulting.

...and you didn't even mention the Writing Help service you provide on the side!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post