Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    So...Where Y'All From?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So...Where Y'All From?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Say Oscar Deadwood, where in northern Minnesota did you work in a small theatre? I lived in Willmar for 28 years. Don't miss the cold and snow.

Braling II, I forgot that we had a nice chat some time ago and I think I tried calling you not too long ago but caught you at a bad time. I'll try to dig up your phone number and call you, hopefully, at a better time.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Biplane, do that! I'm pretty booked 'til after our concert May 6th. Maybe the following Sunday afternoon (our time)?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I was born in Georgia in Dec. of 1956,and started reading Mr.Bradbury's books in 1970.how could anyone not relate to DANDELION WINE??I have read it 5 or 6 times as well as several others at least 3 times.He is the quintissential wizard of wonder,weaving words together like some lost puzzle,fitting every syllable neatly into a patchwork of dreams to mesmerize and amaze us at his pleasure.God Bless Ray Bradbury! the Poet R.C.Douglas

Posts: 3 | Location: Douglasville GA. | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'The 13th Day of Christmas' is coming soon.
Enough said. Those who understand...will. Cool

Adventure Books of Seattle

I had to say that. We are receiving a lot of emails about this book and I recognized some of the usernames from here. Patience...soon.... Smiler

I know some of you are sci-fi writers, or you would not be here. If you aren't ready for a novel, perhaps you could try to sub a shorter piece or a Department contribution to our new magazine, Escape Velocity.
See the site above for details. Easy to find the page...it says what?
Right...Escape Velocity Magazine.
I was born in San Francisco and my mother dragged me around the world until we settled in Seattle. If you have ever seen the film 'Auntie Mame,' you'll know what that was like. (lol)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello biplane1,

Warroad Minnesota is where I lived. Very, very cold.

Posts: 17 | Location: Royal Oak, MI | Registered: 19 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warroad, Minnesota in the hinterlands of coldness, very close proximity to the great country of Canada, vying for coldest temperature with International Falls, and doesn't Polaris snowmobile company have a plant there?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, All, still working in the Library 17 years sorta, and counting...boring work sitting at the service desk at the East side. Nothing to do but, read, and give directions to lost souls that wander in. "uncle"

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Polaris snowmobiles are made in Roseau, twenty miles to the west of Warroad. However, Christian Bros. hockey sticks and Marvin Windows are made in Warroad, the window factory probably employing eighty percent of the workforce, or something like that. I haven't been there in fifteen years, though my mother lives in McIntosh, in between Bemidji and Grand Forks, ND, and my brother is a dean at a technical school in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Posts: 17 | Location: Royal Oak, MI | Registered: 19 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oscar, thanks for reminding me. I knew that there was something big in Warroad. Anderson Windows is big, maybe not as big as Pella Windows, but big. When we drove from Minnesota to Ottumwa we would drive by the big plant in Pella, Iowa where they manufacture Pella Windows. Pella is a Dutch community and looked so sharp every spring as every home had tulips in front.

The technical school wouldn't be Dunwoody would it, or perhaps Hennipin Technical?

posted Hide Post
Boston, Ma. area (in a burb called North Reading). Just joined - great site.

Posts: 1 | Location: Boston MA | Registered: 17 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uncle A.G.:
Hello, All, still working in the Library 17 years sorta, and counting...boring work sitting at the service desk at the East side. Nothing to do but, read, and give directions to lost souls that wander in. "uncle"

Sounds like a dream job to me! Smiler

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since last updating in mid-2004, made a move...
...to South Orange County, California. That's about 60- some miles south from ol' Ray's homestead. Fullerton, my old stomping grounds, is about 30 miles distance. Disneyland, about the same distance. Out here, it's very easy to put on 100 miles a day on the car. Unfortunately, gas prices in some areas have hit $3.90 a gallon and up. Most gas prices around the area here range in reg. $3.50 and up. Freeway traffic usually careens at about 80 plus mph. At rush hour, it snails down to 8.5 mph. Wise to know the exact time you plan traveling. Palm Springs is about a 90 mile drive. The San Diego Comic -Con coming up soon, with Ray in attendance, is roughly 75 miles south of here.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, thanks for the posting of Ray at the book fair. How do you post photos in that format? I have scanning and attaching down pretty good, but what you do is really neat. Can you tell us?

Nard, you sound like you are pretty close to where my son lives, which is a bit south of LOng Beach, in a community called Portola Hills.
Anywhere near?

posted Hide Post
The school is called Brown.

And a library sounds like a dream job to me too.

posted Hide Post
Brown Institute (I believe that is what it is called) is an old and well known, very respected school, known quite a bit for broadcasting.