Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    So...Where Y'All From?
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So...Where Y'All From?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hey everybody! I am from Tallinn, Estonia. Smiler I`m 25 and I`ve been a fan of Bradbury for many years now. There`s not much books by him published in estonian, but luckily I happened to pick up one of those few ones and... The first story that I read by him, was All Summer In A Day, I think. I LOVED IT! And from then on, I have bought almost all his books (in russian). Trying to read his stories in english now as well.

Now this question may be a bit silly, because it`s about something I saw here quite a while ago. (1-2 years ago?) But hopefully someone recalls. I remember listening to Bradbury speech clip on the front page of bradbury.com. It was not a video, but a sound file. You could click on it, and then you heard him talk from some library or book festival. Can somebody please help me find it again? It was very inspirational to hear it, I would love to hear it again. Smiler

Posts: 8 | Location: Tallinn, Estonia | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Martin84, and welcome.

I've looked around for the audio clip, but I can't find it. Can you remember what Bradbury said in it? (I might be able to find a similar clip elsewhere.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He talked about his life, love and how he started writing. About how he went to amusement park, when he was a little kid and how he met Mr. Electrico there, he talked about his wife, dinosaurs, ...
One the front page, I remember clicking "New from Ray" and then the page with playable clip would come. But apparently the clip is gone now. Well, thankfully there are some videos of Bradbury talking about similar things on Youtube. Smiler

Posts: 8 | Location: Tallinn, Estonia | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Martin84:
One the front page, I remember clicking "New from Ray" and then the page with playable clip would come.

You've checked here, right?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a little late joining this discussion, but I just have to put in my 2 cents worth.

I was born and raised in Newfoundland, Canada and have been reading (and loving) Ray Bradbury's work since I was about 12 years of age. I was born in the 60's. We studied his work in literature class in school (All Summer in a Day and The Veldt, to name just a couple).

My father, born in Newfoundland in 1940, was also a great fan of Mr. Bradbury's writing and gave me a copy of "Golden Apples" to read.

His work still makes me cry.

I'm sorry, Mr. Wood, if you don't 'get it'. It's your loss.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 25 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved up for recent newcomers.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Camarillo, California, fifty miles WNW of Mr B (to put things into perspective)!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Camarillo, California, fifty miles WNW of Mr B (to put things into perspective)!

Give or take 3,000 miles. Wink

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LA area.

Posts: 16 | Location: Greentown | Registered: 22 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
21.4 miles southeast of Ray

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

I see you've located the center of the United States upon which to base your position!

But aren't you NE of Ray?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

I see you've located the center of the United States upon which to base your position!

But aren't you NE of Ray?

I'll recalibrate my GPS.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll recalibrate my GPS.

Those Volvos!

Recalibrate is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Bumping this thread for benefit of new board members!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Phil. Welcome new members!

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post