Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    So...Where Y'All From?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So...Where Y'All From?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
well. I wasnt born in the 20s or 40s. but. I live in washington. woooooo

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was college class, in what Ray called the "good, great" year of 1984!

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I cant help but notice your from Dayton. I live in Walla Walla.

I think I made that remark on another thread. I dont remember. I can't be bothered to look.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, you made it before, but it's worth remarking on again.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh dear, I'm sorry. My mind is so scrambled of late. Dayton is a pretty little town. I lived there when I was in third grade.

posted Hide Post
Could I ask what year?

posted Hide Post
Surely, Dandelion. I went to school in Dayton elementary in about 97-98.

..Yes, I am a young'n.

Which is why I think the stated nonsense of the man who attacked Ray bradbury saying people only born around a certain era is nonsense. I started reading Bradbury with religious Awe when I was 13 years old. And if me, even when I was a snotty thirteen year old can better grasp the material then someone, who I am supposing is older (and allegedly wiser than I)then thats saying something, rather sorry in the case of this particular person.

...Sorry to go off on an unecessary rant.

posted Hide Post
Oh, your rant isn't unnecessary; it is necessary and quite appreciated!

posted Hide Post
Oh thank you very much, and I must say, its nice to meet someone from the area!

posted Hide Post
Be cool if we could all do the Google Satellite Image thingy. I'll give my neighbor's address so you can all see what my personal version of Greentown is like.

5979 Devecchi Ave. #95
Citrus Heights, CA

I showed you mine, now show us yours.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
I'll give my neighbor's address so you can all see what my personal version of Greentown is like.

I've got to ask - why did you give us your neighbours address, vice your own?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scary out there, you know... lions, and tigers, and bears. Smiler

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my?

Gotcha, as they say - figured it was something like that.

But now you've put your poor neighbour in harm's way!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The neighbor in question must be full of mendacity...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's me. 2608 Merriwood Dr., Louisville, Ky. 40299. I welcome intruders...

By the way, look for the large pine tree in the front yard, it was our Christmas tree in 1968. I don't live with my parents at 44, we bought it from parents 13 years ago. A friend did that satellite image a few years ago and sent me the link and I could plainly see the tree.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post