Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Comic-Con/ San Diego

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comic-Con/ San Diego
 Login/Join

posted
Find 'Comic-Con 2006' photos under similar posting title, this forum.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took a few short Quicktime movies during the lecture at Comic-con, I should post them up on youtube. I got a great picture of Ray Harryhausen, too. He came to the edge of the stage at the end of the show.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fanboy: Hey! Great, do post 'em on 'youtube'. I have several on there.
Here's one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8D6ulsSV4Y
If you click on the word: netcinema ...on that youtube screen, it'll take you to my other videos.

Great time at Comic-Con, eh? Glad you got a good photo of Harryhausen. Great!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, it was really fun. Hey, that movie was about it, all right. Tons of people everywhere. I wish I would have known ray was in the hall with his friends, you can bet I would have been hovering at a respectful distance!

I'll offload those mpegs tonight and try to upload them on youtube for all the fans here.

posted Hide Post
"Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio?" and Superman, Lone Ranger, and all those other heroes that made falling asleep a little easier when you were a kid? (Today we have to acknowledge so many real heroes, so often in uniform, risking their real lives.)

Yet, a bit of escape by reading to our kids before bedtime is still a good thing. We just added these sheets to boys' collection of cards, books, and stuff.
http://www.stampnews.com/raw/1153828934_862977.html

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what happened with Mr. Bradbury at San Diego? Did he pass out from the heat in the Sails Pavillion? We waited for more than two hours and were maybe 20 people back in line to meet him when he slumped over and was taken out. No one seemed terribly excited, so I doubt it was serious. He was the one person I truly wanted to meet!

Posts: 12 | Location: Arkansas! | Registered: 27 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nevermind! I just found the other thread with the pics!

Posts: 12 | Location: Arkansas! | Registered: 27 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He might have had a cold, I noticed he was coughing at the panel lecture.

Here is the first video I uploaded at youtube, it is Ray talking about why he liked the new King Kong movie. I will post more in the days to come, I have to upload the files from work because we have broadband there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey7oVuEEsQY

posted Hide Post
MedicAR

Simply, it was just too hot in that Pavillion. What, like mid to upper 90's was it? Who planned a scorcher out in San Diego at Comic -Con time? Preparations were in long in place for autographs to be signed in what turned out to be ...a swelter box. Ray bowed out because of that. It's well known he is always most gracious to his fans and those looking for an autograph. This was out of the ordinary.

Photo of Ray at the round table with friends was the air-conditioned room he was taken right after becoming overheated. And, as you will notice, a cold bottle of water is at hand.