Ray Bradbury Forums
Up Coming Bradbury Theatre Events

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/8601020704

19 December 2008, 07:05 PM
patrask
Up Coming Bradbury Theatre Events
I attended a live performance of Smokey Joe's Cafe at the El Portal Theatre in NOHO, that's North Hollywood, for those of us that are really in the know and can remeber when it was just an old neighborhood movie theatre. I am posting this just in case there are some of you who will be out here during the up coming run of Ray's Falling Upward at this same theatre. You will find the El Portal very first rate in terms of size and configuration, with stadium seating and good viewing from any seat. With Pat Harrington in the production it will be the BEST, as Ray said about his own play. Do not let this one get away. If you saw the production earlier of this cast, it was really terrific and the play performing in the El Portal will be a truly wonderful experience. Go, Go Go and get your tickets early.

Heber Finn's will come alive in NOHO.
20 December 2008, 08:22 AM
jkt
Parking will be at HOW's market across the street!!! HOW's is a wonderful old-school market with a real butcher counter and real service.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
05 February 2009, 05:53 AM
groovista
Long and long ago, in the 1960's, I lived with my mother in a small house in the Hollywood Hills, just south and west of the Ventura Blvd.-Lankershim intersection. NoHo and Studio City were our neighborhood, and I have fond memories of the area. Do you also recal the cute little camera store, with the big camera on the roof? And the (now gone) Paperback Shack? I vividly recall encountering a paperback copy of "King Kull" with a Roy Krenkel cover painting, on the same day my mom bought "Tomorrow Midnight." I remember later her giving me that amazing book to look at in the car, while she shopped for wardrobe fabrics at a Culver City store.

Ray's the only sci-fi author my mom's ever liked.

www.groovium.com
05 February 2009, 03:00 PM
jkt
[QUOTE]Originally posted by groovista:
Long and long ago, in the 1960's, I lived with my mother in a small house in the Hollywood Hills, just south and west of the Ventura Blvd.-Lankershim intersection. NoHo and Studio City were our neighborhood, and I have fond memories of the area. Do you also recal the cute little camera store, with the big camera on the roof? And the (now gone) Paperback Shack? [QUOTE]

I grew up down the street from you, Toluca Lake. I haunted the Paperback Shack and Dalton's. Come February 28th, Ray Bradbury's Falling Upward opens at the El Portal theatre, Lankershim, between Magnolia and Chandler.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley