Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Uncle: powerfully said, yet well within the lines for all of us - I would hope! That's all we ask, really.

On another note, yet RB related, take a moment and look at this picture from Mars! Does it affect you as it did me. (Reflect momentarily on what you are observing.) Mr. Bradbury's tears well up for a good reason. This is just the beginning of some phenomenal perspectives and considerations of the small blue world we inhabit: http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/03/12/mars.earth/index.html

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 03-12-2004).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been really -- in a way, religiously -- moved as I've seen the amazing images coming in from the two Mars rovers. I think it is also cool that we now have the first image of Earth taken from another planet's surface!

I have also loved the images we've gotten from the Hubble scope.

It is an amazing time to be alive.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Home sweet Home" kinda puts it in perspective.... I am glad to be on the "you are here" spot. Ray has seen the future, and it is "us". Spirit takes a photo, and gives Earth a heavenly zip code.
Can't beat it with a stick!!!
I wonder what our children will see in their life spans. Make a wish...?

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want amazing images, guess what. I've now learned how to post a picture to a message board!

This is my new boyfriend. Eat your heart out.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Share, Dandelion. How did you do that?

Is this a good thing?

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 03-13-2004).]

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr.Dark:

I think the term "...eat your heart out" strongly suggests such a gruelsome activity, that it shudders the imagination. It far far far far transcends the technology of picture placing...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"eat your heart out"? I could look this good! All I'd have to do is pull that scarf up over my face and I'd look fine!
:-)

posted Hide Post
Looks like "Curly" from Oklahoma, how's he sit a horse?

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion:

Wow! Just judging from your posts and overall demeanor, I feel safe in thinking he must be every bit as beautiful on the inside as he is on the outside!

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, on posting a picture, what you do is "right click" on the image itself, which I had already learned on a Macintosh means "control click." Then you have to select the url for the image itself, not the page on which it appears. Again, on a Macintosh, I learned that "Open Image in a New Window" and then selecting the url from that window, is what works. On other computers it is no doubt different.

To post to the message board, you simply put [img][/img] tags on either side of the url. Again, I did not know on a Macintosh keyboard how to make those square brackets, but I copied the ones so helpfully posted and pasted them in the appropriate places and they worked just fine.

Having found the perfect epitome of human masculine beauty, I just had to run over and share with all the geeks--er, nice professor-type guys--here! Yes, he is an excellent horseman, kind to little children and animals, and a very warm, wonderful, and sincere human being, but I haven't asked how he feels about the most important thing in life--Ray Bradbury! If he doesn't venerate his Rayness, I'll just have to break up with him! (And doesn't he remind you an awful lot of a certain someone in "The Martian Chronicles" who came to a sad end?)

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hot, hot, hot. Way to go, Dandelion! (And I'm not refering to your newly learned technological feat.)

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad someone appreciates true quality when they see it.

posted Hide Post
He seems like a catch, set him down someplace romantic, tell him your swooning of some strange malady, and read him A Medicine for Melancholy. Either that or Hopscotch, and if he did not catch on, he may just have to be tutored in the fine quisine of Ray. Other than that if the inside matches the outside you have a classic match. Bon Appitit! other than that you've got my blessing, Happy trails!
Uncle

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeee-haw Dandelion! Too many puns to mention, but enjoy the ride!
Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind good wishes and heartfelt sentiments!