Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
As my friend Marvin might say,
me with a brain the size of a planet, and they want me to talk like a Joel Chandler Harris character!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just started "Martian Chronicles" with one of my seventh grade gifted classes a few days ago. They are really loving it and are reading far ahead, checking out other Bradbury books, etc. It's been a blast!! Anyway, one of my student's parents sent word that many years ago when he was going to high school in California, one of his teachers used to be Ray's driver for a part-time job. He said the guy's name was Phil, and the high school was Venice High. That's about all he could remember, other than the fact that this teacher told lots of cool stories about Ray. I wonder if Ray remembers him, and I wonder what ever happened to Phil.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane 1,
On another thread you asked for more info about us so here’s a photo. I guess I don’t look that much like Gabby Hayes but I’m trying.

Imagec0002.JPG (31 Kb, 16 downloads)

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chap, nice photo. To me, you look more like the actor who played Beatty in F451 - almost looks like you're wearing the fireman uniform.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 31, a very distinguished looking gentleman, but is it really you? Just kidding. For some reason I took you to be a bit younger, like in your mid 30's, and your photo suggests a bit older.

Why the mid 30's? Because your posting are so vibrant and youthful if that makes any sense.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m close to your age, bibplane 1, give or take a smackerel.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People almost always mistake my age; either thinking I'm older because of my sage wisdom, or younger because of my boyish charm.
Even the picture I posted on this site long ago is misleading...

posted Hide Post
Chapter 31,

Your a very distinguished nice looking guy. I don't mean that in an extremely happy way, sir. You definitely look like a famous author or poet. I like the black and white medium too. Do I owe you an apology, I can't remember? I just know, you haven't talked to me in a while and I miss your witty responses to my inane ruminating. I hope I didn't inadvertantly tick you off.

You got Brando eyes, kid. STELLA!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You talkin' to me or Chap? My photo is definitely not distinguished. Must be the Chapster's to which you refer.

posted Hide Post
I was talking about Chapter. Although I haven't seen your picture. Dandelion, I would love to see you out of that habit, ah er, I mean with different clothes on.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awhile ago biplane rumored a way to post a picture here without it having to be online first and one of these days I'll try it.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its simple Dandi, click the add attachment, then click browse, that leads you to your files and you just click the specific file you want. Then click post like normal.

posted Hide Post
Bot, I think this will take you to the aforementioned Braling II pic:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums?a=search&req...rum_scope=1001093901

posted Hide Post
Dude, you need to work on that vapid look on your face and the wild staring eyes. You so got me on that, as if I haven't been dealing with that all day long, both giving and receiving. Then, we went to the movie tonight, and I'm not even joking about this. At the movie theatre, in the lobby right when you go in on the ticket counter, they had a small sign saying "Sean Connery in memoriam", then listing movies and birth and date of death as yesterday. My parents went too and they were shocked. In the midst of asking about it all, the girl and the manager started laughing. I told them, I thought they went too far! I swear, they laughed and said, well death is funny! Then I saw several more people get caught up in it as we were walking back to our theatre. Can you beleive that! Then we saw Neil Young, Heart Of Gold, which was stunningly great!

posted Hide Post
That was a pretty mean April Fool's joke. The best to Mr. Connery.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post