Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yeah, sure. No Michael Moore jokes, now.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And please no Titanic and Hindenburg references.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Er...BrII, Look closely. That's "not" Moore.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moore, Moby, Schmoby, what's the difference?

_

Here's another Miscellaneous...
_

This photo is taken of the Water Bridge in Magdeburg, Germany, over the river Elbe, joining east and west Germany. Now the question: Did that bridge have to be designed to withstand the additional weight of ship and barge traffic or just the weight of the water?

--

Image4489A144000C4E8F00000D84220074567204040A0B9D0105D20D.jpg (73 Kb, 20 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, sorry. I just had to: "Schomby" http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-...15,RNWE:en&q=Schmoby

As for the incredible "bridge," where would the beggar play his concertina?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yow. Saw that one. Seen this one?
The Millau viaduct is part of the new E11 expressway connecting Paris and Barcelona and features the highest bridge piers ever constructed. The tallest is 240 meters high and the overall height will be an impressive 336 meters, making this the highest bridge in the world.

ImageHighBridge.jpg (145 Kb, 18 downloads)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II--Now that's scary looking. Anyone for nose bleeds? Is that for real or is it a computer generated image? Just wondering.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's true and yes, it's a computer-generated image! Snopes is a reliable "urban legends" buster and has more recent images:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/architecture/longbridge.asp

posted Hide Post
oh my goodness! those pictures make me want to travel to see them. i want to know how you guys all know so much *whines*.

The facts speak for themselves.

Posts: 27 | Location: Orange County, California USA | Registered: 18 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, what I don't know about really important things would fill a large library! But I do endeavor to give satisfaction...

posted Hide Post
Braling II
...mine would perhaps fill a large canyon! Like...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1622667251598627943

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Reminds me of the old "Trip To The Moon" in Tomorrowland in the '50s.

posted Hide Post
Now, that is a Ravine! 25,000' from rim to floor. What Lonely Ones must have once lurked along those banks!?

posted Hide Post
Here is a site to occupy your time in search of linguistic oddities and miscellanies:
http://www.fun-with-words.com/mala_mondegreens.html

I eagerly await RB's upcoming literary releases! Enjoy your summer, fans!

posted Hide Post
Where'd everybody go?
Off for a 5-day weekend, I suppose...