Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 33

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
tripods anyone

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Imagemugn_042.jpg (60 Kb, 16 downloads)

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
whoopsydaisie

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Imagemugn_006.jpg (60 Kb, 19 downloads)

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see you Jayne, your mohawk almost caught me in the eye. And....my hat fell off and is now soiled.

posted Hide Post
Nice that you posted the art work. At the Launch Party the other night there were ten prints created by the Kendall Printmaking students using woodcut and dry-pointing methods. See attachment.

Also nice to see you, your wife and son, but where are the other two youngsters?

ImageBlock_Prints.jpg (201 Kb, 14 downloads)

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely stunning biplane! The large picture is eery in its beauty. Fear not, the other children are all still with us, we have not eaten them yet. My daughter took that picture and other son was on his bike. I included it because I thought it was cute, and it has my shy wife in it. Ssssssh. Don't tell.

posted Hide Post
The other day in Dublin on a primarily pedestrian road named Grafton Street, there were all sorts of musicians on the streets. One group was a four-person swing band named Swing & Co. They consisted of a trumpet, a violin, a guitar and a double base. Ain’t the place grand?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, man, like, that's double "bass", not "base". Like, I know man, 'cause, like, that's my axe! Dig?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m hip now but dig, man, I got hung up on the wrong spelling—and such a cool, low range instrument. Most excellent sound.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reet-o-vouty.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Lois Armstrong might add, “Ohhhh, yeaaaaahhh.”

posted Hide Post
Just saw “Akeelah and the Bee”. There are usually three to five very good films in a year. This is surely one of them. Don’t forget to bring a few hankies.

posted Hide Post
Honk! Honk! Phizzz!

“Goodbye, kids.”

Lew Anderson (1922 – 2006)

Goodbye, Lew.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chapter 31,

Imageclarabell.jpg (12 Kb, 8 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Chap, Just got this same news from a fellow musician:
Lew Anderson, who played Clarabell the Clown throughout most of the long TV run
of the Howdy Doody Show and taught the kids of my generation not to think bad thoughts
about boys with girls' names, died Sunday. What I didn't know before reading his
obituary in today's New York Times is that Anderson was really a composer, arranger
and bandleader. He founded the All-American Big Band which has been gigging every
Friday night since 1997 at Birdland in New York.

Amazing what musicians will do to make a living.

posted Hide Post
Ah, yes! Honk in peace!

So many pioneers......

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,
I don’t want to ruin the “stream” over there on the other board but I have to say that I’m still drying my eyes over that milk and cookies, Chianti statement you made. Raymond Chandler, step back.

Braling II,
I always thought he had rhythm. I never knew anything about his history, only the smiles. Its good to know he led such a productive, happy life.