Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Jayne, et. al., no one has answered my questions as to how the problem that I posted works so that the numbers come in correctly no matter what you put in.

Sir, please check your e-mail. I hope the answer I supplied is what you were looking for. If not feel free to berate me at your leisure.

Boy named Jayne.

Posts: 86 | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the earlier positive remarks Jayne, my metal is tarnishing.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jayne, I just checked my email, clmi9901@msn.com, but nothing has arrived yet. I will be looking. Thank you for helping to understand.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jayne:
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Jayne, I just checked my email, clmi9901@msn.com, but nothing has arrived yet. I will be looking. Thank you for helping to understand.

I sent it again this morning, maybe the spam filter got it? I duno...Anyhoo, The basic gist, plus numbers was this, There is no trick, the information you get at the sum, ie chocolate, then your age, was data that was already supplied when you "plugged in" your chocolate number, and the year of your birth. All that arithmatic you just did was to put that information in a diffrent form. Sorry no trick. Look for the e-mail of you want to see me go through it with numbers, but you still get the same answer from me, no trick just a little illusion.

posted Hide Post
Does that make sense? Confused

Oh yeah, you could make it work for another year, just gotta chage it up a bit.

Plus I think there might be a problem if your older than 106 this year, but I didn't really play with that part.

posted Hide Post
Jayne, thankfully, I am not there yet (106), working on it though. If I understand you, the problem is working with, or manipulating, the numbers to come up with the desired result. Clever, as someone had to figure it all out in the first place. My hat (no pun intended Robot Linclon) goes off to those with the brains to think those things up.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think you got it.

You have been around the board longer than I have, how long do you think it will take 'ol Robot Lincoln to live down that (unfortunate?) remark I made last week about him becoming a hat? And as I said earlier, I'm sure there are many things that Robot is better at, than being nonfunctional headwear. Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robot Lincoln:
Thanks for the earlier positive remarks Jayne, my metal is tarnishing.

You should find a nice wax, somthing old school, like pre '95, protection from the elements and all...You can't take rust too lightly, this is your health we're talking about after all.

Did you post what you were threatning to post and I missed it? If not, you should, if you feel so inclined. If so, could you be so kind as to point me in the proper direction?

posted Hide Post
Some of us newer models have a "skin" that looks and feels like the real thing. Beneath the human exterior, however...

ticktickticktick

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm the "hat" guy now! Although I do resemble the Tin man around the eyes a little and the conical head fits to a t. I decided to chill, I don't wish to get booted to the scrap heap. Your right as usual, rust never sleeps. Thou art God.

Jayne, which post are you referring to? Not sure if I'm on the same page right now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robot Lincolnd--if you are the "hat guy" now then I am the "old fat guy." See photo of me and another fellow who has met Ray on a couple of occasions, once when he was in the Army in 1965 and knew Ray's address and found him a bathrobe when he and his family were ill with the flu.

Then later, Frank and his wife got meet Ray in St. Louis where they then lived at a place called The Library.

In the photo I am the fat old guy or should that be old fat guy, hmmmmm?

ImageMichael___Frank_at_Launch_Party.jpg (67 Kb, 12 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Hey Biplane, I refuse to call you that. Man you are down with the posting pics now, keep sharing, they're all good. I love that poster in the background. It radiates warmth, I hope you nabbed one.

posted Hide Post
Biplane, I just thought of something. Regarding your post on another thread about having a chatroom where we could all confer together, we could try and set up a specified day and time to meet for say after dinner coffee and Bradbury chat live. The posts are tantamount to i.m. if everybody's on board. Waddya think? Might be fun!

posted Hide Post
Robot Lincoln, I think that it is an excellent idea if the mechanics of such an event could be worked out. Anyone with some ideas?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robot Lincoln:
I guess I'm the "hat" guy now! Although I do resemble the Tin man around the eyes a little and the conical head fits to a t. I decided to chill, I don't wish to get booted to the scrap heap. Your right as usual, rust never sleeps. Thou art God.

Jayne, which post are you referring to? Not sure if I'm on the same page right now.

This one: "The other is that Mugnaini book of art and graphics has many pictures not seen generally. Would anyone care to see a few, I could copy and post, just not sure of the interest involved. I'm seriously going to hate to return that to library. Interesting intro by Ray also."

I must admit to being a bit concerned about your welfare. If you go around telling people they are God eventually someone will agree with you. Then there are quests, crusades, magic cups, smiting, and being smote, and then the inevitable institutionalization. Unless you were going for the "Robot Jesus" thing, Thats cool with me, But doesn't that mean you should be calling people "Robot God"? Or Dad?

You have no one to blame for this post but yourself. Ok, maybe me, but only a little bit.