Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!
 Login/Join

posted
I just want to wish everyone a Happy Halloween! Enjoy the night in all it's mysteriousness! And thank you to Mr. Bradbury for making it an even more wonderful experience with his stories of the Autumn season.
Also, I've been to a few parties over the last couple of nights on campus, and I've seen some great costumes. Let's hear some of the more interesting ones we've seen...or what are you dressing as?
My girlfriend was a tree, and I was a lumberjack.

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Were you the kind of lumberjack that Monty Python made famous? (I had to ask!)

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hah! Not quite. Though I had the song stuck in my head all night!

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was THE BIG BAD WOLF.

Disguised as Granny.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a happy Halloween although the hours after dark were spent cowering inside for fear of Martians.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spent the late evening lookin' for the gray lady on the Willard Library ghost-cam website!

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent it handing out candy to the various little kiddos.....amazingly, there were very few teens last night and the ones that were out were actually in costume!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dressed up, as always, wouldn't miss it. I wore some old brown tweed pants, tucked into old boots, a beige drawstring shirt, a long grey military (communist?) coat and for my head, I carved out a large pumpkin from the bottom, and wore it as a mask! I put on a black spandex mask under it, so that you couldn't see my face through the holes. So basically, I was the horseless horseman!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent Halloween at my friend's house helping him hand out candy to what few kids came by. I feel sad for kids nowadays; when I was their age, we never had to worry about razor blades or poison.
I shall always think of Ray at Halloween time. As I've gotten older, I've learned to appreciate the turning of the seasons more. There's more to the year than spring and summer. Fall and winter have their own special beauty.

There is more than one way to burn a book.

Posts: 12 | Location: Seattle WA King | Registered: 24 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always hand out candy and watch a horror film. Two years ago, "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle". Last year, "Sleepy Hollow (Johnny Depp version). This year, it was "Sixth Sense". I will typically toss in the reading of a story or two by EA Poe.

I really enjoy the kids at the door. Some are so shy when you open the door. One family last night was driving around on a covered golf cart. Not as many kids this years, but it was a Sunday (and a lot of churches here did Saturday night Trunk or Treat parties so the kids wouldn't do this on the sabbath), and we had some big storms roll through.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On November 1 I called Ray Bradbury's, and a guy named Donovan informed me that not only did Ray host the "Something Wicked This Way Comes" screening, but he got home in time to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters! Imagine, trick-or-treating at Ray Bradbury's house! Way cool! (Think any of them came in "Halloween Tree"-type costumes?)

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We sent out a neat Halloween card last week with boys' adding some homemade pictures. Images of carved pumpkins, ghosts, and scary faces and a big blue "BOO!" as its initial greeting. We sure hope it brought a smile to his face!

Mr. B. probably receives as many cards on Oct. 31 as he does on Aug. 22!!
--------------------

(The goblin I had here earlier was sent into cyberspace. His energy was too negative for this forum!)

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 11-02-2004).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when I visited his home in June, the doormat was a Halloween doormat.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post