Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Writers Ray Has Influenced

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Writers Ray Has Influenced
 Login/Join

posted
Here's one, for starters:

Read a little ways down about it.... click on:
http://www.myshelf.com/haveyouheard/02/matheson.htm

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't understand what you want, perhaps I'm too tired I've been writing for 5 to 6 hours without stoping. From what I understood I think it would be most probable that it was Brd who influenced. And by the way the other author mentioned, Nolan, isn't he one of the authors who has written about Brd?

Posts: 73 | Location: portugal | Registered: 10 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ana Mafalda::

Bradbury has influenced many. Stephen King even quoted Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 in his book, Firestarters.

William Nolan is one of the most comprehensive collectors of Bradbury's materials in the world, and a great authority. Where Ray isn't into cars, having never driven a car, Nolan is a car enthusiast. But Nolan, author of many books, including Logan's Run, acknowledges an influenece from Ray.

Donn Albright is another authority.

Forrest Ackerman, long time friend, probably had everyhthing Ray has done one time or another.

No doubt Ray has rubbed off on all the above mentioned.

What my post was inquiring about was... ...What authors... or Others ...can be pointed out, that can be said to have directly been influenced by Ray in some way or another..... by something they have done, (whatever that may encompass) or possibly said...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh.. What is this all about?

Posts: 33 | Location: Norway | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,
Great interview!
Matheson has always been a favorite, and I've never really associated him with Bradbury, but upon reading this I reflected that both of them are accomplished horror and supernatural writers, yet are by no means limited to that narrow genre. Matheson has written many works realistically portraying parapsychological research, a fascination of his.

Posts: 117 | Location: The Great North of New York State | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post