Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    is RB the founder of the P Cohelio-like style?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

is RB the founder of the P Cohelio-like style?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I read somewhere that Ray Brudbury is said to be the founder of such popular neo-classical "psychological" writers as Paolo Cohelio, Richard Bach, etc. I like some of their works.
Do you agree?
If so, why?
Why would this be true?

Posts: 6 | Location: Yakutsk, Russia | Registered: 05 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's true that Bradbury influenced Richard Bach and a lot of others, but he doesn't believe in a writer affecting a style, let alone founding one.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard, many times, told me to write at least two thousand words a day, then "cut the driftwood out." Ray's influence on Richard Bach can be found there as Ray has made similar comments.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post