Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray's influence

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's influence
 Login/Join

posted
Ray sounds like a complex "Time Machine." His influence on pushing the future is his influence just like other writers influenced him. The world is puddle-luscious full of ideas on the verge, ready to make it into the daily lives of the world population.

Posts: 1 | Location: Lemont,Il,USA | Registered: 23 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, Ray is like a time machine. I like you comparison there.
It amazes me how, back when he wrote this book, they didn't have a lot of the stuff he metions in his book, that we have now.
Like the TV in the parlor. Back when this book was writen, they had small, black and white TVs and now we do have big screens that might even be able to fill up an entire wall. Also cars. How many did they have back then? Now everyone has cars and most people have more than one, and we are driving faster and faster all the time. Who knows, maybe soon we will have to make our billboards longer so we can all read them. There are other things in the book as well that exsit now, that didn't then, but what about the stuff that doesn't yet exsist? Is that where we are headed? He said that the kids would run people over just for fun and it wasesn't such a big deal. If Ray was correct in his predictions, we better do something about this now or else we are headed for a pretty bleak future. Do you think that this is where we are headed, or do you think this is just a flaw in Rays prediction? Or do think that this isn't a prediction at all?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with both of you that he is a time machine. A time machine of knowledge. Even though what he talks about in Farenheit 451 has not even happened yet. It tells us that Ray Bradbury had a insight into the future. I hope that we do not head to the future that he speaks of. But, I do hope that our society today can change what we are doing. Since we already watch t.v. to feel that the people on there are our family. It helps to make us seem that we are appreciated. But, I think that people will not let our society come to burning books because the goverment does not want us to think. Like in Farenheit 451 as the goverment does to the people who do have books.

Posts: 6 | Location: Lemont, IL, United States | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post