Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Three Words Or Less
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three Words Or Less
 Login/Join

posted
Maybe my third post on this topic will be the charm this time (due to the boards being down).

In an effort to boost the "Ray's Legacy" forum numbers(since I feel his legacy is far-reaching),I challenge all to post in three words or less his present and future legacy to the world.

So far, my three words are passion, poetry, daughters.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A school assignment? Like a Haiku "less is more" thing?

Okay. Here's my initial take.

I go with "wonder" (The sense of wonder and magic I feel when I read his work.)

I submit "poetic", rather than poetry. (While he does poetry, I think his strength is that his prose is poetic.)

I list "ideas". (I know this isn't strong in a self-explanatory sense, but Bradbury turned me on to the power and complexity of ideas, and I can't think of a one-word expression of that.)

So: Wonder, Poetic, Ideas

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked what someone once said about Ray's prose. He called it ...

Ray BradBuried Treasure

But then there's::::
Unfathomable (like all great art);

Bonding (you don't easily forget you read a Bradbury story);

Incomparable (need say more?)

So, it's:

Unfathomable
Bonding
Incomparable

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 11-03-2002).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark,
I love your choice of the word "wonder" as one of his legacies. Everything that that word embodies touches on the magic of living. One of my favourite parts of Fahrenheit 451 is when Granger says to Montag: "Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child (hence my choice of the word daughters) or a book (Poetry is found in all of his books from fiction, poetry, to non-fiction;his words always take you farther, deeper; Ray bleeds poetry.) or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made."

My first word choice "passion" is the zest and gusto he speaks of in Zen in the Art of Writing. Passion is everything.

In the same Granger scene, he speaks of your word "wonder" when quoting his grandfather: Stuff your eyes with wonder,' he said, 'live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world.'

Any more three word takers out there?

posted Hide Post
While agreeing with the others, I'd like to add:

haunting - some of his stories never leave you once you've read them;

joy - in living, learning, remembering;

books - no one writes them, or about them and their creators, as beautifully, as poignantly, as Ray does.

Posts: 16 | Location: Hollywood, Fl, USA | Registered: 09 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unique, Unforgettable, Universal.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magic, truth, hope.

posted Hide Post
love,live,forever

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic, Inspiring, Timeless!

(Along with "all of yours" above.)

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
relish....savory....SUMMER...

three words that are Ray to me!

Posts: 19 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Engaging: He forces you to use your imagination and creates images and moments of truth that say with you indefinitely

Spirited: His enthusiasm with words and emotions makes many passages feel 'alive'

Daring: his stories cover an amazing range of topics and emotions that is virtually unheard of with many of today's big-name writers

Posts: 6 | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Helper
Encourager
Improver

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inspirational.

Vivid.

And the often used(perhaps OVER used).
Nostalgic.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imaginative
Diverse
Prescient

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Met
A
phore

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post