Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Three Words Or Less
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three Words Or Less
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I posted one of my favourite Bradburian three-worders above...

But, maybe I'll come up with a few quizzes as you did. I like that sort of thing.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yll goes hunting!

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes he does. With mask and 'bees'...

"...drink to me only with thine eyes..."

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. This says it all:
"...to a brilliance."

fpalumbo

posted Hide Post
HOOOOONK!! Sorry. Time's up.

Polish the Bottom of (that) Fruit Bowl!

No takers? OK. I'll take my ball and play be myself then:
"Jelly Roll Blues" ?

fpalumbo

posted Hide Post
I haven't had time at home (where my Bradbury books are) to research for answers.
After work I'm usually rehearsing til 10:00 or so, then dealing with domestic maintenance til fairly late, then I'm up at 5:00 for banausic activity; so can usually only get to books at lunch, weekends, or sometimes late at night. This one's got me intrigued, though. I think it might be from a recent tale? I'll try to find out...

posted Hide Post
Jer?

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Dean?

posted Hide Post
William Shatner, poet.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Jelly Roll Blues," very old story. "The Big Black-and-White Game." Also mentioned by Thomas Wolfe in "Look Homeward, Angel."

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Homerun, Dandy! Get the "ball" clue?
Go ahead, three simple words.

BrII: "Domestic maintenance" ~ I like that!
Typical day here, 6am to 12:30-1am!
No kiddi. . . zzz

fpalumbo

posted Hide Post
It's amazing how little sleep one can get by on when one has dependents.
I usually take little naps while driving.

posted Hide Post
Death to phones!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh well, looks like nobody's playing with me, either.

Q. William Shatner, poet.
A. The Rocket Man.

Doesn't anyone else remember Shatner reciting Elton John's Bradbury-inspired "Rocket Man" as a poem?

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was really pondering on this one, gs. Good one. Toss in another!

Per Captain Kirk reciting Rocket Man, I can only imagine his well-paced-recitation-of:
"And-I-think-it's-gonna-be-a-long-long-time!"

fpalumbo