Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Do You See A Ray Bradbury Story in This?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You See A Ray Bradbury Story in This?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Let's see if I've got this right:

*A good review of Weller's review is not considered a "serious" review?

*It's OK to slip in a negative review on this thread but not a humorous comment from Grasstains?

*It's OK to slam Weller's research if you're the moderator of the official Ray Bradbury website?

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's see if I've got this straight.

There's a lot of overreacting, jumping to conclusions, and connecting unrelated items going around on this site lately?

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, the attitudes that got Emmett Till killed are alive and well in America. Reading the comments here

(WARNING: accompanied by graphic photos)

http://photosthatchangedtheworld.com/emmett-till-murder/

will leave any thinking person speechless.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm speechless.

If they confessed, how did they get away with it? Perhaps I'm ignorant concerning the laws regarding such a thing, but holy smoke!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is not the only case where a murderer was found innocent, then other evidence (in this case, a full confession!) surfaced, and, due to the double jeopardy laws, no matter how guilty, they could never be tried again, for that murder. In the other cases, they at least tried the criminal for perjury. (Or, in the case of O. J., had a civil trial and may also throw the book at him for a separate and lesser crime, but can't have a criminal trial for the murders even if he confesses, unless the laws change.)

posted Hide Post
Stupid laws.

A confession yet!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The laws were made to keep the courts from being tied up with cases being tried and retried until they got the outcome they liked. There have been cases that were retried after the first trial verdict was overturned for some reason. With the advent of film, videotape, and forensic evidence, these laws really need reworking.

posted Hide Post
This is the reason I strongly believe that California Prop 8 is a bad thing. I saw The Secret Life of Bees over the weekend, and I was filled with sorrow that such things could come from so called God-fearing (WHITE) people. We must stop all of this hate. Fear is a four-letter word too, that usually results in hate and mistreatment of innocent people.

Ray taught us through his writings that hate is wrong, and that love is the best response to our fears. I love the idea called Pass-it-forward, where one simple act of kindness sparks another until the whole world is ablaze with love. When will we ever learn?

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20081103/sc_space/astrona...votefromspacestation

Might'n these spacemen be from:
Rocket Man, Kaleidoscope, Long Rain, The City, Golden Apples, or even Mars is Heaven!?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
This is the reason I strongly believe that California Prop 8 is a bad thing.

Hollywood sure has its way with people.

It boils down simply: do you believe in what Christ taught, or what man may exploit and even change in what offends in the Bible. Doug Spaulding's Bishop Spong is so troubled by a practicing homosexual being condemned, that he figures St Paul was a homosexual, and perhaps even others in Christ's gathering of apostles. So it must be allowed.

The practicing of homosexuality is what is condemned, not the person. It also, in the same paragraph in places in scripture, condems the adultery, right there with the homosexual. As well as the fornicator, and the drunkard. They are all in the same paragraph. But it's their practice of those things that condemns them. Both a homosexual and a single person have the same cross to bear: be celebate.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw The Secret Life of Bees over the weekend, and I was filled with sorrow that such things could come from so called God-fearing (WHITE) people.

Bees come from white people!? Smiler

quote:
When will we ever learn?

That's what The Kingston Trio said!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
It boils down simply: do you believe in what Christ taught, or what man may exploit and even change in what offends in the Bible.

Wrong thread.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
holy smoke!

Wrong thread. You want the religious thread.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clever, clever.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the reason I strongly believe that California Prop 8 is a bad thing.

Wrong thread.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post