Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    THIS HAS BROKEN MY HEART, APOLOGETIC MICHAEL MOORE SAYS.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THIS HAS BROKEN MY HEART, APOLOGETIC MICHAEL MOORE SAYS.
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Tuesday newspapers will have a lot more to say....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YESSS!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

Thanks for the post. I think that's really all most of Bradbury's supporters were asking for so good for Michael Moore.

But lest the touchy-feely goodness last too long, may I suggest Mr. Moore's supporters take a look at this link?
http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

It's a review of the movie by Christopher Hitchens, a far left writer. So maybe Ray was onto something when he took umbrage to Moore's "hijaking" of his title.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bravo, Pete!

Posts: 26 | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pterran:
Nard,

Thanks for the post. I think that's really all most of Bradbury's supporters were asking for so good for Michael Moore.

But lest the touchy-feely goodness last too long, may I suggest Mr. Moore's supporters take a look at this link?

It's a review of the movie by Christopher Hitchens, a far left writer. So maybe Ray was onto something when he took umbrage to Moore's "hijaking" of his title.

Best,

Pete

Hitchens isn't a far left writer, he defected to the right wing some time ago. Google him up.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dig420,

No need to google him; I'm a fan so I'm well aware of his "defection" from the Left. As he stated in his essay, "Goodbye to all that," he sees it as the Left leaving him rather than him leaving the Left. He's still quite the Lefty. But, admittedly, maybe not Left enough for you. Even such, what would you disagree with in his review of Michael Moore's movie?

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cooger and Dark,

Shucks. 'Tweren't nothing.

Best,

Pete

posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury has been a joy and inspiration to me for at least 25 years now, and it was strange to see him getting huffy over this.

Certainly one can understand why he didn't *like* the title thing, and Moore was a jerk not to get back to Mr. Bradbury for so long, but it's clearly a protected use.

Ray must have been having a grumpy day :-p

Posts: 1 | Location: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: 22 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

[/B]

Moore's dishonesty is also being pointed out in this week's Newsweek in an article by Michael Isikoff.

When you are a left-wing propagandist and people from the left are ripping you a new one for being dishonest, you know you've got trouble.

Posts: 3 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 23 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So one bad review from the left side (which isn;t that left anyway) will automatically nullify all and every good review from the left side?

Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Works for me! )

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Translator,

How many bad reviews would do it for you? Newsweek may not be as far left as you'd like but they're left enough for me. And Hitchens remains pretty far left. Witness his awful take on Reagan during the Reagan funeral. (Awful not necessarily for content, which is, well, awful, but mainly for its timing. Best to keep one's mouth shut if one can't find something good to say about the dead, I always say.)

I've posted elsewhere that MSNBC reports about 80% favorable reviews. I've also noted the favorable reviews I've read actually appear quite mixed. So the movie's by no means a slam dunk. Still it's surprising when you find lefties who refuse to stay on the reservation. Sort of a man bites dog kind of story.

Best,

Pete

posted Hide Post
Hitchens is an idiocynratic writer, to put it mildly. He resigned from the left-liberal Nation a couple years ago because of the rightward drift of his politics. Though he did write the tasteless obituary on Reagan, that really reflected his old politics and nasty personal disposition. Since 9/11 he's really become an apologist for the Bush administrations handling of the War on Terror, this piece is consistent with that as well.

Posts: 17 | Location: nowhere, AK | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hitchens article was spot on and pretty virtuouso. I wouldn't want to get on his badside!

I think Moore is basically a self-serving coward. He panders to his dittohead fans. Never takes risks. Now he is threatening critics and avoiding debate. I hope Hitchens gets the chance to debate him, but Moore being a coward it will likely never happen.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5355/Moore_Fahrenheit911_2b.jpg

Posts: 11 | Location: London | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post