Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    GE0RGE CLAYT0N J0HNS0N: VIDE0
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GE0RGE CLAYT0N J0HNS0N: VIDE0
 Login/Join

posted
THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO OF GEORGE CLAYTON JOHNSON WILL only be online for a few days, until October 1st, 2007.

If you can discern to some measure as to what George is describing to the audience and listener, please, by all means, reply with comments of clarification.

YOUTUBE VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWZGw4_88ec

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awesome!

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO OF GEORGE CLAYTON JOHNSON WILL only be online for a few days, until October 1st, 2007.

Why is that?

quote:
If you can discern to some measure as to what George is describing to the audience and listener, please, by all means, reply with comments of clarification.

George is a very intellectual speaker, after all. Far above most of our heads, I should think.

Haven't had an opportunity to watch it yet, but I will.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I struggled to hear GCJ over the background noise, but he seems to be freewheeling from one idea to another. Is he talking about Rod Serling at some point in there?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PHIL:
I tried to tone down the background noise, and did... but then I couldn't figure out how to mesh the audio with the video. I wound-up with just the video. Maybe I'll try again.

Yes! He's talking about his first story for Rod Sterling's Twilight Zone. And mentions his second sold story for Serling as well. Freewheeling? That's the word to describe George.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:

Why is that?

quote:

George is a very intellectual speaker, after all. Far above most of our heads, I should think.

Haven't had an opportunity to watch it yet, but I will.

One would not know that he repeated the 6th grade and never made it past the 8th.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One would not.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed, inspiring!

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't I see a young G. Clayton Johnson in Reefer Madness? When he starts talking about darkness is faster than light, then, whheeeeEEE!!!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Didn't I see a young G. Clayton Johnson in Reefer Madness?

You may have done!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Not sure whether this has been posted before:

The American Television archive has some excellent, extended oral history video interviews online. It's going to take me a month of Sundays to watch all the stuff on there that interests me.

The complete archive is accessible here:

http://www.emmys.org/foundation/archive/interviews.php#interv

And for Ray Bradbury relevance, check out the interviews with George Clayton Johnson (part three begins with a discussion of Icarus Montfolfier Wright, and in other parts he talks about The Twilight Zone) and Richard Matheson (he talks about The Martian Chronicles TV series somewhere in here).

For some reason, the archive doesn't have a direct link for GCJ, but you can get to his interviews via Google Video, here:
http://video.google.co.uk/url?docid=-101074812314488673...jxC82woqp6vr9Q3M_ocA

The Matheson interview can be accessed here:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=%22Archive+of+Ame...eson%22&so=2&start=0

Another interviewee I would expect to mention RB at some point is Norman Lloyd (he produced RB's Alfred Hitchcock Presents episodes). I haven't watched the interview yet, but it can be accessed here:
http://video.google.co.uk/url?docid=5431316749026771272...qztV5fNTLW37AwOtlcSg

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Monday June 22 7pm PST VideoFreeEarth hosts reknowned author-writer-futurist George Clayton Johnson.

George will be premiering a presentation of his production of A Game Of Pool, which was an episode of the Twilight Zone that George wrote.

Log on and watch this exclusive presentation and interact with George via live chat.

George discussed this with us at length in several meetings we had with him last year. We were to possibly work with him on some of these things. We'll see.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug, do you know what GCJ will actually be doing? Will he be on screen? Live? Pre-recorded? On his own, or interviewed?

As usual with events from California, the timing isn't good for folks in the UK, so I will probably miss it.

PS: Are you really still in Green Town, Illinois?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I believe it will be a staged version. Whether pre-recorded or live, I am unsure.

It's on here at 10pm local time on a work night - and I retire at 9.15!

You can take the boy out of Green Town...

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I hope (but don't expect) that VideoFreeEarth will make a view-it-later recording available. Or that it will somehow finds its way onto YooToob.

- Phil