Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    GE0RGE CLAYT0N J0HNS0N: VIDE0
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GE0RGE CLAYT0N J0HNS0N: VIDE0
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
http://videofreeearth.com/

Tonight at 7pm PT/10pm ET

I'm watching the pre-show. George just ambled onscreen and back off. I'll just say that I briefly saw a smoking bong, so it's all good.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another nice interview.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good find, Dougie!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Good find, Dougie!

I try to get my work done.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
GCJ's criticisms of today's tv are right on! Other than special channels (History, Nat Geo, ESPN, etc), that give you true entertainment as you choose to watch, the rest is pabulum. We are now approaching 5 yrs. w/o the effects of the boob~tube!

Dumb&Dumber...

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pabulum is a good word!

Of course, fjp, TV may have been perfected in the five years you have been without it... No, who am I kidding? Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True, Frank - I have a very nice 42 inch plasma and I never really watch television (outside college football season, that is), mostly using it to play the blu-rays I get from Netflix or to watch one of my collection of around 700 discs. I have some quality stuff on DVD: the Bradbury series, of course, the entire TZ collection (and the '85 version), M*A*S*H, the Griffith Show, some Brit stuff, including the entire Emma Peel mega-set, the Prisoner, Python, loads of concerts, lots of Hitchcock, the Weissmuller Tarzans, some Bond, many of the Looney Tunes, the Ed Wood collection, the Chaplin films, Harold Lloyd, W. C. Fields, all the Tati films, and much-too-short-lived TV programmes like Twin Peaks, Boomtown, American Gothic, Kolchak, Police Squad!, and a few rarities. So, as you can see, I never even have to turn on regular television!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Right, DS! We are screen watchers of our own accord. It is just the commercial mush we have pulled the plug on. Enough was enough!

Old classic on-line streams of movies and episodes, NetFlix, dvds! Great old and new stuff. Watched True Grit (original) with John Wayne just recently, and we plan to see the new version - heard good things - as soon as time allows.

Your GCJ interview (above post) discusses "hemp products!" There is an article in the new Popular Mechanics about the innovative cars now being made of its fibers. Fuel, too! Way too much petro-products in our veins. I spoke with Mr. Johnson just briefly when in CA for Mr. B's bd. Quite a delightful spirit!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Watched True Grit (original) with John Wayne just recently, and we plan to see the new version - heard good things - as soon as time allows.

Perhaps the best film of the year.

"Live Forever!"