Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    An Idle Mind
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An Idle Mind
 Login/Join

posted
It's now 2:45 A.M my time.

Consider this "The Devil's Playground". Where people can post their most absurd, rediculous, drunken, idiotic and unfathomable thoughts at 2:45 A.M.

"Fireplace" what a great word. What else would you call it?

Well, I destroyed the place with bulldozers and wrecking balls in one thread, and I stripped everyone naked in another. It's been a long day and I'm going to bed, Goodnite.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstain, per your comment on "everyone?" Might you wish to reconsider, even at 2:45 am?

I too am a late bird, typical day 6 am - 1am!
Not much down time except after 11pm for reading, papers, and writing. Days teaching, teaching, outdoors and family. An occasional meal and a hot cup of coffee seem to suffice.

G: Pushing 3am you start to get into the realm of spirits and phantoms. So, 1 am for me is enough for one day!

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ah yes, 3 am, the soul's midnight! i am a late person too, but not an early person. my day is 11:30am-1am. well, during the summer that is.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8:00am - 2:00am usually. But sometimes 11:00am to 11:00pm. Not often, but too often non the less, 8:00 am - 8:00 am, after which I die for 14 hours. Best creative period between 10:00pm- 1:00am. Prime writing time. Before 10 - lazy thoughts. After 1:00 - crazy thoughts.
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, on nights when "The Twilight Zone" airs on Sci-Fi, I'm generally up till 2:00 a.m. to watch that, after which things do get a bit strange. Still attempting to master the art of capturing this strangeness into the realm of fiction. Everything Bradbury said about ideas is true--BUT--with anything, there is that realm between "theory" and "practice," which I've found is where the REAL hangups lie!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the only time i get to see the twilight zone is on new years eve and new years day. 2 day marathon! that is pretty much the only time i see them, but ive seen alot. on new years eve you can find me switching between TZ and Dick Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve Party. most of the time im on TZ.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's 12:23 in the AM Where is everybody?

(Now you got me doing this!!)

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm here at about 1:30. If I don't have to work, my day is usually 12 a.m. to 3 or 4. Otherwise, who knows?

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not long after midnight--a few minutes after, to be exact. We'll see what the post gives as time posted.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I've been up since about 3am when a good storm hit out here. In fact, it's still going on and my cable's out so I can't sleep. (I need the TV on as background noise)

Now I'm doing this too...

It's a good thing that I can still use my old dial-up internet connection or I'd feel REALLY cut off!

[This message has been edited by jfaronson (edited 05-21-2004).]

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If grasstains finds it lonely here, I think he should buy or build himself a companion. Isn't there a Mr Fantoccini who could help?

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil:

I think there was also a short story by the Russian author, Gogol, about a man who built himself a family. VERY strange!

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the most incredible companion already, thank you very much.

And a fat cat.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...for comforter?

And does it wear pajamas?

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The perfect mate.
Quadruple amputee, dwarf, mute, orphan.