Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Some People DO NOT Belong on this Board

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some People DO NOT Belong on this Board
 Login/Join

posted
Dandelion:

Are we going to cater to some of the people currently posting that are doing nothing but downgrading the quality that this site should be upholding?

I can easily name names but a few readings of their posts is a giveaway. They are not inflamed with the love and wonder that Bradbury gives us thru his gift. More likely, it comes from a bottle or a vial. Cornered, they'll start cursing everyone and everything. This is unfair to those who seriously come here to learn something and ask important questions, or to relax with others who know the value that is the body of work that Bradbury has created.

Can you not self-police this site? Are we troubled because we are inflaming the anti-censorship zealots? Who cares?

If you are looking for a mediocre site, you are on the way to having one, as long as the 'trolls' continue to trample their muddy feet into this house.

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, are you keeping my foot out of my mouth? LOL.

*#*#*#*#*#*#* BrainSparks

Posts: 50 | Location: Greenville, Illinois America | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Certain issues, such as language, and defamation, either against Mr. Bradbury, forum members, or other parties, I can and do police. (Okay, I allowed a little Michael Moore bashing just for fun, so...we all have a weakness.) I certainly DON'T feel a moderator's job is (or even COULD be) to police people from being mediocre or from expressing themselves in a less than purely poetic (or even technically correct) way! (And we've had a LOT of semi-literate troglodytes some of whose questions were so incoherent they couldn't be answered if a person were so inclined.) Perhaps an editor at a publishing house, where the publisher is paying to print authors' words, has such a role (or had in the distant past...with some of the stuff that's been in print since the 1960s I'm not so sure), but certainly not on a message board! That's not catering to anyone. People express themselves differently and you shouldn't respond to any posts that don't move you to respond. (I certainly don't!)

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made a post on this topic (or at least the part about quality of writing, spelling, gramar, etc.) on the "irony of 451" topic...

I pretty much agree with dandelion on this.

libRAry: I definately think that people here only for the purpose of trying to disrupt us, like Ray_Bradbry_is_senile, don't belong here. However, just because the quality of writing, ESPECIALLY on the internet, isn't fit to put in a novel, it doesn't really justify condemning them. I don't know if you meant those people or not. It is a sticky situation, because I think that this, as with all forums, is meant to be a place where people come to talk and even argue, but total direspect and pettyness shouldn't be ignored.

"The drain of talent - pure talent - from one single department, Feature Animation, has been absolutely gut-wrenching in the past year. People are being asked to leave because management - meaning Michael Eisner - can't figure out what to do with them. That is not the fault of the talent... it's the fault of management." <br />�Roy E. Disney <br /><br />savedisney.com<br />for future generations

Posts: 47 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post