Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Life and the melancholy disease.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life and the melancholy disease.
 Login/Join

posted
i read bradbury. i like bradbury. he lets us gaze deep into what could be, what is most beliveable. this is the type of writing that is most unsettling, if not teriffying. he hits the fictional reality of science fiction right on the head, and he hits it hard.
reading bradbury is a disease, a most wonderful disease, which incapacitates all need for the fantasy of real life, but it enhances the willingness to believe in the fiction that is so true. it may be a disease, but it is a wonderful, amazing, beutiful journey of a disease

live long and prosper

Posts: 9 | Location: South Bend, IN U.S.A | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a new Mr. Dark I see . . .

It is definitely a trip reading Bradbury. I'm 48 and I still feel a similar passion reading him that I felt in 9th grade -- reading him for the first time.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started reading Ray at 11 his writings have been an addiction since. I feel lucky to have met him, and give him a painting at a banquet prior to Halloween in 96. I share the grief of his sweet companions passing, but know she breathed verve into his love, and passion for life. I hope he will be comforted in the coming days. He has always been my "Medicine For Melancholy" when I have been low. I wish him well... A.G.Smith

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 12-11-2003).]

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post