Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Sound of Thunder....Released in Oct. or Not???
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sound of Thunder....Released in Oct. or Not???
 Login/Join

posted
Can someone please tell me if the movie, The Sound of Thunder, is coming out in early October or not??? My local paper says it is, papers from other states say it is, but this website says it's not.

What is going on??

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to several movie websites and finally found it listed as being released on March 11, 2005.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So why hasn't it been retracted or updated by now in the newspapers across the country? This story, published yesterday, calls for an Oct. 8, 2004, debut:
http://miva.sctimes.com/miva/cgi-bin/miva?Entertainment...63FE00000EF500000000

posted Hide Post
My local paper just printed the same, only a couple days ago, but we would've seen commercials by now, no?

[This message has been edited by groon (edited 10-01-2004).]

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groon,

Advertising did start appearing earlier in the year - the trailer was seen in cinemas as well as on the web. It looks like the left hand of WB doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found the (new?) trailer for The Sound of Thunder. Looks pretty good to me!
http://asoundofthunder.warnerbros.com/

posted Hide Post
This is a slightly different and longer version of the original trailers... I would think Bradbury deserved better.

(Don't I understand?) This is show BUSINESS!

It looks too much like other movies. (But those sell!) Okay. Likely in video.

But...would Fellini create a film that looked like this, using the same story? No! Would Speilberg? No! Would Orson Wells? No! Would Hitchcock, if he went off on a limb and tried his hand at this story? No! NO NO NO! There seems to be absolutely nothing unique here. And Bradbury is Absolutely Unique.

Peter Hyams is the director for The Sound of Thunder. He has an impressive line of credits. see: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001382/

His attitude of the arts appears to be genuine. Hopefully the movie will excel in direction. But once the editors get a hold of something you can never tell what the end product will look like until it's on the screen. Let's hope the editors are inspired. (As to the editor of the trailers...well, that's another story...

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 02-02-2005).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not starring Will Smith is it? Ben Affleck? Tom Cruise?

I hope the words "blockbuster" and "star" are not being thrown around. Maybe then the film will have some virtue.

Arthur C. Clarke's RAMA is in limbo as well. It was also supposed to be released last year. Here's a totally out of date website for that movie- http://www.rendezvouswithrama.com/sld011.htm

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the trailer, especially the moment when Ray's name was flashed across the whole screen. I personally can not wait to see this. I wish I could take my classes on a field trip to see it because it will coincide with my sci fi/fantasy unit, but we are not allowed to take them to any movies rated PG-13. I will, however, encourage them all to see it on their own and will read the story to them right before the movie comes out. I think the trailer looked good, despite all the changes from the story.

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 02-02-2005).]

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lmskipper,

Great! I, too, liked the trailer. If more teachers like you get involved, The Sound of Thunder could be a hit. I admire your creativity. Keep up the good work.

posted Hide Post
I didn't like the trailer. Especially with the last moment that is supposed to scare the audience. Come on. This has been done countless times. I agree that Bradbury deserves better. I would hope the movie is better. Hope. Hope. Hope.

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lmskipper:
that's too bad that you can't take them to the movie; it's kind of funny how some things slip through the cracks: we watched a dubbed Spanish version of Total Recall (rated R) when my spanish teacher was out. We went to see the new film version of Phantom of the Opera, rated PG-13, in my drama class (we had just done some scenes from it), but a parental permission note was given out with the regular permission slip. Maybe you could do something like this? What grade do you teach?

"The drain of talent - pure talent - from one single department, Feature Animation, has been absolutely gut-wrenching in the past year. People are being asked to leave because management - meaning Michael Eisner - can't figure out what to do with them. That is not the fault of the talent... it's the fault of management." <br />�Roy E. Disney <br /><br />savedisney.com<br />for future generations

Posts: 47 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I spoke with Ray several weeks ago he commented on his seeing the film a week or so before my call. From what he said I don't think he is real happy with how it turned out. He referred to the dinosaurs as being "imaginary!"

I guess the rest of us will have to be patient until it is released and see what we think.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't you wish::: Ray was in far better health, and given the reins of unlimited funds and creative pool. As well as time. Well, let's say, a three year effort. What would the man pull out from the store box of his talent? Probably something new we have never seen before.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scarywarhol--I teach seventh grade. The idea for a special permission slip is worth looking into. I will definitely ask my principal tomorrow. I know all of my students see PG-13 movies on their own, so I don't see what the problem would be if the parents sign off on it. Thanks for the idea, and also thanks to you, Green Shadow, for the kind words. I really am hoping the movie is a huge success because Ray deserves it.