Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray: Grand Master Poet!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray: Grand Master Poet!
 Login/Join

posted
Yet another well-deserved honor has come Ray's way. At last weekend's ReaderCon convention held outside of Boston, Massachusetts, it was announced that Ray had been named Grand Master Poet by the Science Fiction Poetry Association, only the third time this honor has been given. Here are the details:

"This year's Rhysling Awards for science fiction poetry, presented by the Science Fiction Poetry Association, were announced, including the organization's third Grand Master Poet award, following Bruce Boston in 1999 and Robert Frazier in 2005.

SHORT POEM
winner: "Eating Light", F. J. Bergmann (Mythic Delirium Summer/Fall 2007)
2nd place: "Ice Palace", Margaret Atwood (The Door McClelland & Stewart, 2007)
3rd place: "The Oracle on River Street", Rachel Swirsky (Goblin Fruit Summer 2007)
LONG POEM
winner: "The Seven Devils of Central California", Catherynne M. Valente (Farrago's Wainscot Summer 2007)
2nd place: In Deepspace Shadows, Kendall Evans (Mythic Delirium Books)
3rd place: "The Engineer", Bryan Dietrich (Isotope: A Journal of Literary Nature and Science Writing Fall/Winter 2007)
GRAND MASTER POET
winner: Ray Bradbury"

Here is a link to the Association's website:

http://www.sfpoetry.com/grandmaster08.html

Congratulations, Ray!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good.

I'm just surprised it took them nine years to give it to him!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury loved poetry...and writing poetry. As noted in two posts above, in 2008, the Science Fiction and Fantasy Poetry Association (SFPA) awarded Ray its Grandmaster Award. I might add that since its founding in 2008, the SFPA has only given that award eleven times. The link in my post above no longer works, so I am updating this thread with a link that will take you to Ray's page on the SFPA's website:

https://www.sfpoetry.com/gm/08grandmaster.html

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post