Ray Bradbury Forums
Recent Sighting

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/7491007692

10 March 2007, 06:29 PM
Where's Wallace
Recent Sighting
Hello All,

Mr. Bradbury was a recent guest speaker at the Palms-Rancho Park Library in west Los Angeles. Here are pictures of the gathering and book signing: http://www.palmslibraryfriends.org/events/ray_bradbury/index.htm

Linda
12 March 2007, 09:56 AM
embroiderer
Thanks for posting this. I always see photos of Ray Bradbury with a tie. How can this be? No tie.
12 March 2007, 10:39 AM
fjp451
OK! Ray Bradbury Speaks; Farewell,Summer; and...what is the third book (middle) on the desk in front of Mr. B?

Great shot (#10) of Mr. Bradbury in his element, looking out at an audience of all ages, surrounded by books, and a dozen roses adding the complementary touch!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,
12 March 2007, 11:17 AM
biplane1
Frank, the third book is the short story from his book From The Dust Returns which was illustrated by a fellow from England. Since I am at work and my copy is at home, I am at a loss as to the exact title and the name of the illustrator.
12 March 2007, 12:19 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by Where's Wallace:
Mr. Bradbury was a recent guest speaker at the Palms-Rancho Park Library in west Los Angeles.

Wow - that location is less than 2500 feet from his house (as the raven flies).

Bet Patrick enjoyed that drive!

"Live Forever!"
12 March 2007, 12:24 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
How can this be? No tie.

He's clearly an imposter! No tie, indeed!

What further gives it away is that there should be a glass of Merlot where that bouquet of roses is.

Reminds me of that cartoon puzzle in the newspaper in which you have to find the differences between the two panels (and they're usually ever so slight).

"Live Forever!"
12 March 2007, 01:18 PM
philnic
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
OK! Ray Bradbury Speaks; Farewell,Summer; and...what is the third book (middle) on the desk in front of Mr. B?

The Homecoming?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
12 March 2007, 01:55 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
The Homecoming?

Yes. Illustrator: Dave McKean

"Live Forever!"