Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Listen to the Echoes: The Ray Bradbury Interviews
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Listen to the Echoes: The Ray Bradbury Interviews
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nice review from Northwestern University's TriQuarterly:

http://www.triquarterly.org/re...nterviews-sam-weller

Posts: 71 | Registered: 01 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Holidays, everyone!

Looks like Sam Weller is going to be pretty active with his Bradbury-related blog. He just announced "The 12 Blogs of Christmas." Should be some pretty cool Bradburyiana from Sam's personal files. Check it out if you get a moment!

www.listentotheechoes.com

posted Hide Post
In case anyone has missed it, Sam recently did an "ask Ray Bradbury" thing on his blog, with Ray answering questions posed by readers. Only a few answers, but interesting. Here's a direct link:

http://listentotheechoes.com/?p=298

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 2010 Stoker Award nominations have been announced. LISTEN TO THE ECHOES has received a nomination in the category of Superior Achievement in Non-Fiction. The winners will be announced this June. The nominees are:

Superior Achievement in Non-Fiction
To Each Their Darkness, Gary A. Braunbeck (Apex)
The Conspiracy Against the Human Race, Thomas Ligotti (Hippocampus)
Wanted Undead or Alive, Jonathan Maberry & Janice Gable Bashman (Citadel)
Listen to the Echoes: The Ray Bradbury Interviews, Sam Weller (Melville House)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2438 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Along with the Stoker nomination that Richard was kind enough to post about, expect a MAJOR announcement this week on Sam Weller's next Bradbury related book. People are going to be really excited by this one!

Cheers,

John

posted Hide Post
As per instructions, I expected. But no MAJOR announcement has appeared. Are you sure we're going to be excited? Empty hype is entirely UNexciting.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to Weller's Twitter feed, book will be announced next Monday in Publishers Weekly magazine. Gonna be cool, trust me.

posted Hide Post
Give it one more try, Phil - I believe!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh well, if it's on his Twitter feed, then it MUST be true Big Grin

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Mr. Weller will be blogging December 14th through Christmas Day! http://listentotheechoes.com/

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for him! I shall make a point of visiting daily.

(I've also gone back to blogging after a while away from it - look!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Happy Holidays everyone!

As mentioned above, I'll be blogging everyday right up through Christmas. I hope you will join me by leaving comments, asking questions, and sharing memories.

Best to everyone for a joyous Holiday season!

Sam Weller
www.listentotheechoes.com

Posts: 104 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam Weller has posted cover art for the forthcoming SHADOW PLAY - All New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury over at listentotheechoes.com. Neat!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linnl--

Thank you for always being so wonderfully supportive and encouraging!

Details on the limited edition of SHADOW SHOW can be found here (along with the complete table of contents):

http://www.gauntletpress.com/c...w&ORDER_ID=733676756

Each contributor has also written a ruminative essay on the origins of their story and Bradbury's influence on it. Some of these are very short, others (Harlan Ellison, Jacqueline Mitchard) are pretty long. These essays will also be in the mass market edition.

Posts: 104 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank YOU Sam Weller for chronicling, interviewing,and celebrating our favorite author!

Congadulations and continued success in all your endeavors!